1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DR Legends?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Back2Bassic, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Back2Bassic

Back2Bassic

Feb 24, 2019
    A few months back I switched my Dean bass from D’Addario rounds 40-100 to DR Black Beauties rounds 45-105. Thinking about switching to Flats for my new bass I’m getting the Ray34 Sterling By Music man. In my opinion the D’Addarios were much MUCH rougher than the DRs.

Wanted some opinions from other bassist there thoughts on the DR Legends? I was originally gonna get Chromes but then I remembered that D’Addario strings feel like sandpaper against my fingers. I know flats are much less rough but I still like and respect the DR brand so please let me know your thoughts.

2. trothwell

trothwell

Apr 9, 2008
    My recollection of the DR Legends was that they were really unlike the surface of any other flatwound strings I have seen. I could not discern the flat winding itself, the whole string just seemed one contiguous surface. It almost looked like it was a ground/half-round, but I don't think it was. Really not sure what their manufacturing process is.

I thought they sounded good. More on the modern side, something closer to today's Fender flats than GHS or Labella flats.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 18, 2021