1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DR Lo-Riders on a Rockbass?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Tubakid09, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Tubakid09

Tubakid09

Jan 25, 2008
    How do they stack up to the red label standard warwick strings? Do they have a good slap tone?

2. JNW7

JNW7

Mar 1, 2007
    Never really used the warwick strings, but just switched from DR Hi-Beams to Lo-Riders(on both my corvette rockbasses) and they are pretty similer, albeit Lo-Rider's have more tension. Both are great for slap imho as DR's are known for being pretty bright "zingy" strings.
    hope this helps
    -James

3. Tubakid09

Tubakid09

Jan 25, 2008
    Did you switch to the MH-45 or LLH-40? And how do I choose between the 45-65-85-105/.040, .060, .075, .095 guages (that's what the two string sets above are, respectively)

4. JNW7

JNW7

Mar 1, 2007
    The MH-45 are what i use, in the medium(45-105 guage).
    As far as which guage to choose, the heavier the guage the more string tension. I've pretty much only played medium guages, just my preference thus far.

5. Tubakid09

Tubakid09

Jan 25, 2008
    what kind of difference in tone will nickel lo riders produce compared to stainless? And when you talk about heavier guages, is this like "medium" and "medium-light" etc? or the actual numbers. And I apologize for this noobness, I've never changed strings before : /

6. lokolp

lokolp

Jan 6, 2007
    Austin
    nickels will be more mellow, and the stainless will be bright.

7. Tubakid09

Tubakid09

Jan 25, 2008
    Awesome, thanks for the help. I'll be picking some up today at GC and seeing if I can't get some other stuff cheap for Presiden't day, too.