DR lo-riders @%*&@%*@*%

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by AllodoX, May 31, 2002.

1. **** DR and their low-riders :mad:

what does the site say ?

' Fits scale lengths up to 37 3/4". '

what is the truth ?

the B-string is almost 2" too short.. :mad: :mad:

so now i paid 50 ****ing dollar for a bunch of ****ing strings that are no ****ing use to me.. god i am so angry :mad: :mad:
  2. Personally.............

..........I really like 'em. Who even has a 37 inch scale on their bass, anyway?
  3. it's a 35" scale bass. but has body-thru stringing.. so it needs 37" strings..
  4. i should have taken DR longnecks i think.. they're made for long basses, and will do thru-body stringing..

other option is ofcourse the original Cort 3535 strings.. :)
  5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Carl Thompson builds 38" basses I believe.

Who plays them?

I believe Les Claypool does.

6. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I guess I just dodged a bullet... I just bought a Lakland Skyline 55-01, and needed some spare strings. I was considering the DR, but decided to go with the Lakland brand because I knew they would fit, and the ones that came from the factory sound good. Good thing I didn't take a chance on the DR...
  7. AllodoX said...

it's a 35" scale bass. but has body-thru stringing.. so it needs 37" strings..

Steel or nickel Lo-Riders? I use the stainless ones exclusively on my Lakland and it's a 35" string-through setup.

Lakland Direct even sells them.
  8. Chambers

Apr 9, 2002
    Vancouver, WA
    I play a 37.5" scale, and I've got some standard DR's on there now. The windings stop about 3/4 the way from the nut to the first fret, but it plays/sounds fine, and I rarely notice the shortness.