1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

DR lo-riders @%*&@%*@*%

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by AllodoX, May 31, 2002.

1. **** DR and their low-riders :mad:

what does the site say ?

' Fits scale lengths up to 37 3/4". '

what is the truth ?

the B-string is almost 2" too short.. :mad: :mad:

so now i paid 50 ****ing dollar for a bunch of ****ing strings that are no ****ing use to me.. god i am so angry :mad: :mad:

2. Personally.............

..........I really like 'em. Who even has a 37 inch scale on their bass, anyway?

3. it's a 35" scale bass. but has body-thru stringing.. so it needs 37" strings..

4. i should have taken DR longnecks i think.. they're made for long basses, and will do thru-body stringing..

other option is ofcourse the original Cort 3535 strings.. :)

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Carl Thompson builds 38" basses I believe.

Who plays them?

I believe Les Claypool does.

Peace
    Nick

6. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I guess I just dodged a bullet... I just bought a Lakland Skyline 55-01, and needed some spare strings. I was considering the DR, but decided to go with the Lakland brand because I knew they would fit, and the ones that came from the factory sound good. Good thing I didn't take a chance on the DR...

7. AllodoX said...

it's a 35" scale bass. but has body-thru stringing.. so it needs 37" strings..

Hmmmm.

Steel or nickel Lo-Riders? I use the stainless ones exclusively on my Lakland and it's a 35" string-through setup.

Lakland Direct even sells them.

8. Chambers

Chambers

Apr 9, 2002
    Vancouver, WA
    I play a 37.5" scale, and I've got some standard DR's on there now. The windings stop about 3/4 the way from the nut to the first fret, but it plays/sounds fine, and I rarely notice the shortness.