Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DR Low Rider Strings - DIRT CHEAP!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Quadzilla, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Sold to mnolansoc, thanks Matt!

Hello all,

I bought a set of handmade DR Low Rider Stainless Rounds (link--> Click ) for my G&L L-2500 USA. Put them on for a day or two (less than 1 hour playing time), took them off as they are too bright for my tastes (you heavy metal, hard rock guys will love em). They should still be long enough to fit just about anything out there because you always have to order super long scales just to fit the L-2500 that has string thru body and the 3+2 head stock like mine.

These are for a 5 string BUT can also be used on a 4 string. They are .045 - .130's. The E string is a .105 I believe. Check my feedback in the feedback forum, I'm an honest buyer, seller here.

EDIT/UPDATE: Forgot to mention that I also have (which WILL be included) 1 extra brand new SEALED, never used or cut .130 Low Rider B stainless string!

These stings cost me $35 + tax and go for that pretty much anywhere, not to mention the extra low B string which go for about $10 each (because of the size)! I'll sell them all for $20 SHIPPED (I pay the shipping within the lower 48 states). They are essentially new and have less 1 hour playing time on them. So get from me, damn near new for half the price of new delivered to your door!

2. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    not to be difficult, but Lo Riders start off much brighter than they end up. I put 'em on all my MM basses and once that initial brightness kicks off I get months of nice warm tone that I dig like a ditch. But that's just me.

3. Quadzilla

Well if nobody takes em, I guess I'll give em another shot when the D'Addarios I just put on wear out. Until then, they are still for sale. Thanks for the info Phunky! ;)

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I'll take 'em - PM sent.

Ray

5. Quadzilla

On Hold for Ray Salamon. Thanks Ray! :D ;)

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Should Ray back out, I'll take them.

-Mike

7. Quadzilla

Confirmed, your next on the list MJ is Ray backs out.

8. Quadzilla

Back up for grabs!

9. NoNoise

NoNoise Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    PM sent! I'm dead serious about this, yo! :cool:

10. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    I'll take one of the B strings if any buyer doesn't need them all.

11. Quadzilla

Sorry man, already shipped (damn I'm good :)!