Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DR low riders

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by loma, Feb 8, 2004.

1. loma

loma

Sep 27, 2003
    what yall think about DR low riders, on a BTB405? anything from their life, to their sound, to the feel, to the price

2. TRIPSTER

TRIPSTER

Aug 13, 2003
    Sulphur LA
    I use 'em and I love 'em. The stainless ones. They are a bit rough to the touch compared to others but the tone is nice and bright and they last a good while.

3. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    yup

4. I switched from Ernie Ball Slinkys to DR Low Riders, and I gotta say, best switch I have ever made! Very bright from the beginning till the end. Very long life! A little gritty feel, but that's how I like it.

5. loma

loma

Sep 27, 2003
    i also like how theres a lot of tension on the string, its like u have to use some muscle to get em down, and they arent oily like those damn exilirs

6. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Yes, good tension, long life, good highs, punchy mids, and can be very deep and angry when need be, or soft an smooth. I luv em!

7. Love them!!! those and La Bella Hard Rocking Steels are my favorites... :bassist:

8. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Exactly!!

9. Yaw

Yaw

Feb 5, 2004
    I just switched from Hi-beams to Lo-riders. Love 'em. Used the Hi-beams for years, but I am a very nonchalant bass-player, and that sometimes went over the top with those supple strings. I needed more stiffness (=tightness in my case). I use the nickel-plated version by the way (they feel softer, which is good with my delicate female hands ;)

10. MS Yaw, I've been trying to get some Nickel Low Riders but no body has them and it's the same old story, "I can order for you", but they never come in, at least at the Stupid Guitar Center by me! I guess I'll have to find some on line....

11. Yaw

Yaw

Feb 5, 2004
    I bought these online too:

www.bassguitarstringsonline.us

My town doesn't even have a music store :mad: (welcome to the dutch version of the bible belt *sigh*)

12. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    And while we are at the topic of welcomes,
    WELCOME TO TALKBASS! ;)

13. Yaw

Yaw

Feb 5, 2004
    Thank you! I'm not all that new really, I've been sneaking around for a while :D

14. loma

loma

Sep 27, 2003
    bump :bassist:

15. Frijoles Negros

Frijoles Negros

Mar 21, 2004
    I love these strings.

16. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    i like them as well. in fact i was so impressed by them, i got a guitar playing friend of mine hooked on their guitar strings with all my compliments and praise. and they love 2 funk :bassist:

17. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Best roundwound I ever played... only kind I play for about 3 yrs now...

18. Just got my first set of nickle plated low riders on bassguitarstringsonline.us

Got 'em in 4 buisness days. Good price. Nice strings!