1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

DR NEON blues for 2012?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by powmetalbassist, Jan 25, 2012.

1. powmetalbassist

powmetalbassist Supporting Member

Alright, I was putting off changing my strings on my bass because I had heard in 2012 DR Strings was gonna have the Neon's in blue (which would look great on my silver bass) I kinda expected them to pull them out for Winter Naam, but have not seen nor heard anything about them. Anybody know if they are coming out soon or maybe already been released under the radar?

2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

So your going to change your strings... but then you've decided to wait several months for a new product that may or may not be coming... how old are your strings already?

But no, haven't heard anything. Didn't care for the coating on them either, tried the neon greens, felt slow to play.

I did laugh at the review on them in bass player, they said people will come up to you and say how cool your strings are.... people came up to me after the show and commented on my strings.... nothing positive though, the only 1 guy who said something positive was another bass player who wanted to try oranges, he too was probably a douche

3. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    I spoke with them about this at NAMM.

This is something they want to do, but the material is not made yet and they are still working on how to make it in Blue... (or something along those lines)...

There is NO ETA on these at all... :(

4. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Bummer, humm. Ok, so bring the price of dr peacock and that other blue colored coated dr string with k3, down to neons same price then. Lol. I was looking at trying the blue and red coated strings untill I saw how much more the price was compared to neons. Geesh. Is blue really the msot expensive color to make? I know blue lasers was and still is most expensive color for laser. Though pirces have dropped to just bit more then green lasers. Anyway, why is blue more expensive color? They make blue basses for same price as other solid colors. Maybe blue sparkle dr strings as the new blue neons. What fable ingrediant is needed for blue? Lol

5. droo46

droo46

Jun 16, 2011
    That makes me really sad. Blue neon has got to be the most wanted color on this site.

6. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    It makes me sad too... :(

7. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Perhaps purple then? A deep purple to ultraviolet blacklight purple. Or would it be easier to just suspend ultra glow v10 ultrafine particles in dragon skin and have first actual glow in dark strings that sound great, dont show pick wear, and last long time. Lol. Prob be too expensive. Ok, back to purple. Can we try purple neons then as steep toward blue? Lol. Perhaps we will need to get the vampyrebunnys to suck the yellow out of some of the green ones. So we can have some blue ones.