1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DR Nickel Lo Riders vs. Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkys

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Ryan Mohr, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    I just broke the g string of my DR SS LO-Riders, I don't know why it happened but it snapped at the bridge. Anyways, I was looking for a warmer string so it's not a big problem. I also like high tension strings so there isn't any string noise. Which would be better for this (I don't want to break a string again)?

2. naughtry

naughtry

Jan 31, 2004
    NYC / D.C.
    its been awhile since i used lo-riders but i know eb slinkys have a noticeable higher tension feel and a flatter frequency response and more balanced mids. lo-riders are perhaps a little mid scopped and darker sounding if i remember right. ps i used to use lo-rider nickels a lot and those were warmer sounding but i stopped using them because they also sounded dull to me and lacked sweetness i guess you could say.