1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DR revolutionized my tone

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Kramsey, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Kramsey

Kramsey

Feb 9, 2008
    Denton, TX
    I recently bought a set of DR Lo-Riders to replace the D'addarios that i had on my EBMM Bongo-5. The switch from nickel to stainless is amazing! my bass sounds so tight now and i have flattened out the eq to let those babies shine, so if you are looking for a great set of strings id give these a try

2. Obese Chess

Obese Chess I'm Your New Dad Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Welcome to the dark side. :D

3. BullHorn

BullHorn

Nov 23, 2006
    Israel
    Been using SS since the first time I tried them. SS is a good. :)

4. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I went back to DR Lo Rider on my warwick after trying different strings. They sound so much better, nice low and clear high.

5. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    Popping a new set of SS Lo Riders on any of my basses always brings a big smile to my face... such delicious sounds :bassist: Excellent choice!

6. the engine

the engine Guest

Agreed. My local shop ran out of the Ernie's I had been using for years. I'm friends with the owner. He said since he had "let me down" he would sell me a set of the DR LR's for the same "deal" he had always given me on the others. I wasn't very excited but I needed strings. So by accident I fell into the really nice strings.

7. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    I first tried Lo-Riders on a EBMM Bongo about 2 years ago. My search for the perfect roundwound tone was over. I love everything about them; the feel, the sound, & the durability are all fantastic. I've used them on all my basses since then (except for the Fender, which I string with flats). Lo-Riders are the best!

8. Krause

Krause

Mar 17, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB.
    I used the GHS BASSBOOMERS for years on my Mockingbird. I decided to try the DR lo-raiders, and now wait is there other string manufactures,:eek: DR string are the best string I ever used.