1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dr Scientist Sunny Day Delay

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jibreel, Aug 30, 2007.

1. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    UPS brought this today

DSC01199.

DSC01200.

DSC01202.

A very good delay pedal. Nice warm sound. Leaning toward analogish but not to much so.

Option to add chorus to the repeats. Nice effect.

One big negative. Noticeable hiss when the pedal is on versus off. Not huge but to much for me. Could very well just be the one I got. I do not see how they would let this be standard. And I used it alone with a new battery so no other noise factors were present.

If it did not hiss I would definetly recommend it.

This one is headed back to the store. It did not kick my AD999 off the board.

2. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    bummer. i hope my cosmichorus doesn't hiss. at least your happy with that Maxon delay, sounds like a keeper.

3. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    hey guys,

i shoot Ryan and email and this was his reply :) maybe its worth re-trying the SDD again?

"We did used to have an issue with the SDD being hissy...it had a level of white noise in the background when you turned it on... but I'm happy to say we solved that problem over a month ago. We redesigned the input and output sections of the SDD and took away all the hiss, it's now a very quiet pedal that doesn't alter your tone and doesn't add any noise."

good luck guys :smug: