1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DR Strings Club?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by GoatGruff, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Is there such a thing?

If not... who wants to join?? :D

I've been pretty much exclusively using DRs for 5 years now. I use Long Necks, and Hi-Beams, and used to use Nickel Lowriders on the P bass I had. All of them have a great feel and awesome tone, and last forever! I've never been as pleased with any other string.

Who agrees?

-

How about this? For the sake of having entertaining pics here.... Take a pic of you with a box of any of your favorite type and gauge of DRs, and give a thumbs up! :p If you don't wish to show your face, that's fine.

faaii9.
    hahah I had just woken up.. :cool:

I'm giving numbers to all the people who have made a specific request to join. If you want a number just ask.

Also how about some more detailed reviews of DR Strings? How would you describe the sound/feel ect.. comparing them to other strings you have used, listing what you like dislike about each. and listing what kind of gear you use them with, and what kind of style/genre you use them for, or think they would be good for.

We may as well try to post some more useful information here. It's always nice to add to the TB knowledge bank ;)

Ballin'bass likes this.
  2. I'm really enjoying Nickel-Plated Lo Riders on my Yamaha 4-string.

3. I like the steel loriders 50-110 an my Precision for an extra punchy Picksound and the nickel LoRiders an my Jazzbass.

There they sound good even when they´re dead...

4. bohemond

bohemond

Nov 3, 2007
    I use Marcus Miller fatbeams on my Jazz, and SunBeams on my precision. Marcus Miller FatBeams are my favorite string. Some people claim they sound just like the Hi-Beams, but to me the E string sounds a bit different . Maybe lower. They also feel smoother than hiBeams, IMO. Ive had them on my Jazz for 5 months playing about 10 hours a week ave. They have kept their brightness longer than any string I have ever used in the DR line, L

5. jhfishn

jhfishn Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Mays Landing, NJ
    I've been using the DR Sunbeams on my Lakland Bob Glaub with P/J's for the last year and they sound and feel terrific.... and last a long time as well and that's a real plus!!!

I've tried to use others ... I really have ... but I just keep coming back ... so... I'm staying! :bassist:

6. So do any of you want numbers?

7. dabber

dabber

Jan 22, 2001
    Florida
    DR for the win! I've got 4 basses strung up with DR.
    Here's how I use 'em...

Sunbeams:
    -Fender MIJ 75-RI
    -Modulus VJ
    Sunbeams short scale:
    -Epiphone Rivolli II
    Jonas Hellborg signature set:
    -Washburn AB-20

If they can come up with something to rival TI flats, I'll put them on my '77 fretless P as well.

Anyone try their guitar strings?

8. standupright

standupright

Jul 7, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Brownchicken Browncow
    dr flats on my bass for the past several years.

9. Have you tried the DR Flatwounds? They sound awsome!

ALSO see my original post above, I edited it.. added rules to get your number, and a pic.

10. Ron G

Ron G

Mar 16, 2009
    Portsmouth, VA
    DR Flats and Fat Beams 45-105's for me.

MIM P Flats
    VM P Fat Beams

11. frozilla

frozilla

Dec 21, 2008
    Walrus, New York
    ALSO also really wants to be Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez
    DR Steel Low Riders all the way. 45-105.
    Number pretty please.

12. Your the first person to actually request a number. So you get #2 . Welcome to the club!

13. Trapezius

Trapezius

Mar 1, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    I use Hi-beams and love them.

Could I have the number 45-105? :D

14. I just bought some high beams and am currently breaking them in on my Fender Jazz V Deluxe and I'm diggin it.

15. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    Low Beams and Black Beauties for me.

Mediocrity Man likes this.
  16. bass4worship

bass4worship Ready For Freddy, let rock Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Sebring, Florida
    Dr. Black Beauty on my Fender P-Bass and Dr. Hi beam on my Alembic Excel.
    Number Please....

17. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    I'm in!

Sunbeams on my '62 RI Jazz, and Hi-Beams on my Jag. Both of which sound awesome well worn-in.

18. lol #3

19. dr are the only strings ill use haha!

20. You are #4