Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DR strings length

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Dave, Jan 14, 2006.

1. I have a Lakland 55-02 that I need to change strings on soon.. I want a set of DRs, but I can find anywhere that says what the max scale length is. I want to string through the body, and its a 35" scale, so they need to be pretty long. Will the DR Lo-Riders work? I want nickle strings.

Thanks
    Dave

2. I was wondering the same thing.

I recently bought an Ibanez BTB1205E (35" scale) which came with Elixirs on it. I like Elixirs, but love Lo Riders.

The DR site says that the stainless steel Lo Riders will fit any bass with a scale up to 37.75 inchs. www.drstrings.com/LoRider1.htm

They don't say it about the nickel strings, but I assume that they're the same length. www.drstrings.com/nickellorider.htm

I can't find anyone in the NYC area that has the nickels in stock, so I'll probably order them through Juststings.com

Mike

3. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    I've strung my 55-02 w/ Lo Riders through the body. No problem. I assume the nickels are the same length.