DR Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Jmcconn12345, Mar 27, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Jmcconn12345

Jmcconn12345

Jan 13, 2018
    Pittsburgh
    Red Devils vs Black Beauties? Not just the looks but the durability and feel ;)

have Red Devils on my Spector Q 5 pro and my stingray sub 5 string , just up graded my pickups to the EMG geezer GZR passives in my Fender MIM Pbass , so switching for a darker pick guard and was thinking about putting my first set of black beauties on it ... opinions from those that tried both?

2. Guy Tensen

Guy Tensen

Aug 26, 2019
    Des Moines
    I’ve only used Black Beauties so I guess I don’t have any real info on this but I was under the impression that they were the same strings, just different colors.

3. Black Beauties = Stainless steel roundwound on a round core under the coating = coated Hi Beams.

Red Devils (and all the Neons) = Nickel-plated steel roundwound on a round core under the coating = coated Sunbeams.

Jmcconn12345 likes this.
  4. Guy Tensen

Guy Tensen

Aug 26, 2019
    Des Moines
    I stand corrected.

5. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    I love the black beauties. They sound great and feel amazing to play, as they have this springy responsiveness to them.

I need to try the Red Devils.

Guy Tensen likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021