DR strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by ducaticarl, Oct 16, 2005.

1. ducaticarl

Oct 16, 2005
    Anyone familiar with the DR colored strings? I checked them out online and they say they are "coated"..is this anything like the Elixir strings..DR claims they last longer..
  2. Yep I like them better than Elixirs, they actually start bright like a nice uncoated string and last a lot longer. My only bass I'm considering leaving Elixirs on is my fretless. The DR's lasted me well in the hot of the summer and am very impressed with their durability under rediculous sweaty conditions.
    Good Luck,
  3. Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I love them, these last me 6-8 months, and strings never last me t hat long, just broke one today, will be replacing them tommorow :smug:
  4. RoyII

RoyII Guest

Aug 4, 2005
    Monterrey, Mex
    Anyone has a problem with the strings decoloring too fast? It might be because I used a pick but mine decolored in less than a week (in the pick up area).
  5. Oh yeah they discolor in the areas most used in a week or so even with fingers. Such is life, they sound great for a long time.
    It is interesting to see where you provide more stress on the strings, a great tool to aid technique as well. ;)