DR sunbeams

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Samie, Feb 9, 2002.

1. Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    Do they actually still make these Strings. I can't find them anywhere.....

I am looking for a set for a 5 string bass... I have looked all ever, even emailed DR with no luck

Dr sunbeams, were are you...
  2. KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    They are a little harder to find. I use them on my carvin and I really like them (especially med-lite .045-.100). I ususally get them from
    good service, better than avg prices (you can find cheaper).
    Don't know if they ship to spain??

3. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I checked Just Strings, and they do ship internationally, for $35 (!) per order. Looks like they have five-string Sunbeams, too. Also try www.sheetmusicplus.com , they seem to have international shipping for less, and they list five-string Sunbeams, although they have a one- to two-week lead time before shipping.
  4. chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    I just put a set on my Carvin LB75 a week ago. Not bad, a bit mellower than the Hi-Beams, and pretty smooth for a roundwound.

The folks at BunnyBass had a deal on them for a very short time. I got 3 more sets for $18 each plus shipping! They're sold out now, sorry to say.

I've been pretty happy with juststrings.com for price, selection, and quick delivery, but I live in the US.
  5. Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain

Yes I tried them and after waiting for over a month of waiting I cancelled my order. I sheems that all stores are out of supply and DR does not deliver to them anymore.

Has anyone actually seen a store that says we have them now
  6. superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    i guess that's why my last order from juststrings took so long...
    man, that really sucks, cuz SunBeams were gonna be my strings for life.
    oh well, i guess time to start the search again.
  7. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Say it ain't so! I love DR Sunbeams and don't want to string my bass with anything else!
  8. superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    i ordered sunbeams yesterday via BassCentral.
    the word is: DR is treating them as custom order sets.
    so, if you really want them, order them through a dealer that has good communication with DR.
    mine will be drop-shipped to me directly from the factory... but the only bad part was i had to order 3 sets minimum... came out to well over a $100~ (for 5 string bass)
  9. AndrewT

Jun 16, 2001
    Sugar Land, TX
    i ordered them from juststrings.com uh about a week and a half ago, and they told me they were on backorder last tuesday. they sent me an email and said they shipped them on monday. :)