Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DR sunbeams

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Samie, Feb 9, 2002.

1. Samie

Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    Do they actually still make these Strings. I can't find them anywhere.....

I am looking for a set for a 5 string bass... I have looked all ever, even emailed DR with no luck

thanks

Dr sunbeams, were are you...

2. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    They are a little harder to find. I use them on my carvin and I really like them (especially med-lite .045-.100). I ususally get them from
    www.juststrings.com
    good service, better than avg prices (you can find cheaper).
    Don't know if they ship to spain??

-KB

3. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I checked Just Strings, and they do ship internationally, for $35 (!) per order. Looks like they have five-string Sunbeams, too. Also try www.sheetmusicplus.com , they seem to have international shipping for less, and they list five-string Sunbeams, although they have a one- to two-week lead time before shipping.

4. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    I just put a set on my Carvin LB75 a week ago. Not bad, a bit mellower than the Hi-Beams, and pretty smooth for a roundwound.

The folks at BunnyBass had a deal on them for a very short time. I got 3 more sets for $18 each plus shipping! They're sold out now, sorry to say.

I've been pretty happy with juststrings.com for price, selection, and quick delivery, but I live in the US.

5. Samie

Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain

Yes I tried them and after waiting for over a month of waiting I cancelled my order. I sheems that all stores are out of supply and DR does not deliver to them anymore.

Has anyone actually seen a store that says we have them now

6. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    i guess that's why my last order from juststrings took so long...
    man, that really sucks, cuz SunBeams were gonna be my strings for life.
    oh well, i guess time to start the search again.

7. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Say it ain't so! I love DR Sunbeams and don't want to string my bass with anything else!

8. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    i ordered sunbeams yesterday via BassCentral.
    the word is: DR is treating them as custom order sets.
    so, if you really want them, order them through a dealer that has good communication with DR.
    mine will be drop-shipped to me directly from the factory... but the only bad part was i had to order 3 sets minimum... came out to well over a $100~ (for 5 string bass)
    yikes!

9. AndrewT

AndrewT

Jun 16, 2001
    Sugar Land, TX
    i ordered them from juststrings.com uh about a week and a half ago, and they told me they were on backorder last tuesday. they sent me an email and said they shipped them on monday. :)