Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bassline_Delux, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Well yes, its true. The greatest powermetal of all time is here. Thanks jesus, ala and the whole gang for this one(No offense to anyone). It's called Inhuman Rampage and its on Roadrunners. Do yourself a favour and give it a listen. I just gotta love the first track, 'Through the Fire and Flames'. And of course, super bass goodness in 'Body Breakdown'. Well, thats it. Listen and love...
  2. Man, I need to get this realllly quick. "Sonic Firestorm" was facemelting.

As for BEST power metal? What about Rhapsody? Stratovarius? And dare I say it...Manowar, who pretty much started the actual genre? :eyebrow: :smug:
  3. I know. I've heard alot. Perhaps not THE BEST EVER but certainly ****ign awesome.
  4. Scroller

Jul 16, 2005
    I have just recently been introduced to this band and I do find them impressive. I found Sonic Firestorm used and I can't stop listening to it. I have Inhuman Rampage on order through Amazon UK because for some strange reason it is not available in the states yet. The Amazon US site has it for 90 bucks through outside sellers! Anyway, yes, power metal is highly addictive stuff. I just gave Savatage's Power of theNight a spin and man, did it sound good...
  5. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Do they sound anything like 3 Inches of Blood? I like them, they sing about trolls and stuff.
  6. They're tongue-in-cheek, but much differently than 3IOB, I think. Dragonforce are all amazing virtuosos on their respective instruments, and they get really goofy when they pull off crazy shred parts. Their music is also very conceptual, I think, and much more epic than the Warhammerish feel I get when I listen to 3IOB.

Oh, right! Sound. Um, maaarginally, in that both have power metal influences. Although Dragonforce to me sounds much more streamlined and uninfluenced by metalcore. They also have an amazing keyboardist. They're also 200 miles faster. EXTREME power metal :bassist: !
  7. Scroller

Jul 16, 2005
    Yes. Toungue-in-cheek it doth seem to be, but I dunno. Now that I've had some time to absorb their music (I just got Inhuman Rampage a few days ago...good 'ol reliable Amazon.com), it seems to me that their music is like a joyous celebration of the fastest and most powerful metal that can possibly be played/performed by human beings. I tell you, it's quite an experience to listen to in the car deck during my 45 min commute to work. There's a permanent grin on my face from ear to ear the whole drive :D. Like I said, highly addictive yet, original and interesting...
  8. Even though i'm definitely not the biggest power metal fan, i must say that this album is awesome.

I can't stop listening to it as it is absolutely catchy. I especially like the fact that everything is absolutely over the top. The guitarists' solos are everywhere and are so shred-oriented that you can't help but headbang.
  9. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Damn I'm glad to see I'm not the only power metal fan here. Sometimes I feel so alone............so alone.
  10. saw 'em on tuesday here in glasgow:D quality show. not heard the new album yet, although it sounds like there are some killer blastbeats on there. mmmmmm blastbeats. its really odd how such an uber power metal band can pull a 2000 strong crowd in the uk... a good thing though. rock!
  11. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Dragonforce is an exception cheesy bandname, and I don't like powermetal, except if it's meant as a joke :D
  12. i figure, as long as I mean it as a joke its ok ;) the new album does actaully have a picture with one of the guitarists holding his tongue- you guessed it!- in his cheek. literally.
  13. I can't believe no ones mentioned Children of Bodom!

Henka's tone is awesome.

(despite the new album being everything but powermetal, :rollno: :scowl: )