SOLD Drake Custom Cricket Semi-Hollow Body Medium Scale 32" Reverend Rumblefish Style Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jlaudin, Dec 22, 2018.

1. jlaudin

jlaudin Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Price:
    $2200
    Strings:
    For sale is my custom configured Cricket. Price reduced to
    $2200 including hard shell case and shipping CONUS
    This is my third bass from the incredibly talented Andrew Drake. This bass is basically brand new. I barely ever used it, it is a closet queen...just too precious and beautiful to gig!!

Description:

“Late in 2016 I decided to push forward with a project that I have been thinking about for many years. I have always wanted to have a line of semi-hollow basses that are light in weight and well balanced. I wanted the basses to be able to be ordered in any scale from 30-34 inches and still only be 42.5 inches in length. I made the Cricket design to have access to the higher frets that regular semi-hollow basses lack, and a full size neck even on the shorter scaled versions. Scale length, fret board radius, hardware color, inlay, top wood, sound hole, some electronics options, and fret wire choice can all be chosen by the customer.” Andrew Drake

You can follow Andrew as he shows how he Craft’s a bass here on the Luthier Corner:Drake Custom 5 string semi-hollow build

"This is Jeff’s new Cricket bass that was completed in August of 2017. This bass is basically a stock Cricket with the only modifications are the electronics package, and a custom jazz profile neck constructed using measurement’s from his Reverend Rumblefish.

"The neck is medium scale 32" the Tempered Curly Maple/ Purpleheart woods typical of the Cricket basses, and the fret board is Rocklite simulated Ebony. I also use Rocklite for peghead veneers. The body is Tempered Swamp Ash topped with Curly Western Maple. Some very nice stuff.

"TV Jones Thunder Blades wired passively with a Tonestyler* (T-6 or B-6) for each pickup. (See tonestyler specs below) Each pickup has a separate volume as well. Hipshot made the custom bridge to my specs and they supplied the tuners.

6.6 pounds.

I will pay shipping to CONUS, comes with Archer ABS Molded Bass Guitar Case hard-shell case.

Not interested in any trades

From Drake Custom Website: Standard Features on the Cricket basses:

Quarter sawn Tempered Maple neck

Dual action truss rod with carbon fiber stab bars

Tempered Swamp Ash body back

Various figured Maples, Myrtle, Madrone, Walnut tops

Accent line between top and back

Hipshot tuners and bridges in choice of color

TV Jones Thunder Blade (dual coil bar magnet) pickups

Hand polished polyurethane (thin) finish

* Stellartone ToneStyler BASS SIX for bridge pickup GUITAR SIX for neck pickup

The BASS SIX is a six-position EQ control featuring five hi-cut / mid-cut resonance filters, plus true bypass. Maximum capacitance: .047µF. 24-fine-spline multi-use tip fits USA push-on knobs, plus 6mm & 1/4” set-screw knobs. 3/8”-32 dia.x 1/2” MID-length USA bushing mounts through all surfaces up to 3/8” thick. Compact polymer module: 0.875" dia.x 0.825" behind-panel depth. The B-6 is compatible with passive high-impedance basses with two "volume-tone" knobs (P-Bass), or four "volume-tone-volume-tone" knobs (RIC). Use one B-6 per volume control.

The GUITAR SIX is a six-position EQ control featuring five hi-cut / mid-cut resonance filters, plus true bypass. Maximum capacitance: .01µF. 24-fine-spline multi-use tip fits USA push-on knobs, plus 6mm & 1/4” set-screw knobs. 3/8”-32 dia.x 1/2” MID-length USA bushing mounts through all surfaces up to 3/8” thick. Compact polymer module: 0.875" dia.x 0.825" behind-panel depth. The G-6 is compatible with passive high-impedance guitars with two "volume-tone" knobs (Tele, PRS), three "volume-tone-tone" knobs (Strat), or four "volume-tone-volume-tone" knobs (Gibson). Use one G-6 per volume control.
    Jeff-Cricket-Bass-001.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  2. marcwhy

marcwhy Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2012
    I love my 32" Drake!

This Cricket is beautiful! GLWTS!

3. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    OMA/LNK by chance? Been jonesing for a hollowbody and this is not helping.

4. jlaudin

jlaudin Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Yes the bass is in Omaha. You are welcome to come play it.

5. peterpalmieri

peterpalmieri Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    Beautiful bass. Andrew is the best

marcwhy likes this.
  6. Stugilliam

Stugilliam

Apr 28, 2016
    Eastern CT
    Absolutely Gorgeous Bass, probably the best looking hollow body that I have ever seen!
    But way, way outside my monetary ability, someone is getting a great looking bass!!

marcwhy likes this.
  7. Old Blastard

Old Blastard

Aug 18, 2013
    Virginia
    It's a hell of a bass. The Thunderblades are awesome!!! I have one as well and gig it on a regular basis!

Stugilliam and peterpalmieri like this.
  8. Old Blastard

Old Blastard

Aug 18, 2013
    Virginia
    IMG_4743.JPG IMG_4744.JPG Don't be afraid to play it just because it's beautiful! They were meant to be played!

pudge and peterpalmieri like this.
  9. Koog

Koog Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Central Iowa USA
    The Drake Cricket is a great bass. Love mine. They are great ergonomically, and sound just super. On top of that, Brother Jeff is a great seller and TBer. Deal with confidence.

Koog

10. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Contributor- Bass Musician Magazine
    wow looks killer, and that weight!!

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 8, 2021