Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dreaded 60Hz hum!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lowend72, Sep 11, 2004.

1. lowend72

lowend72

Sep 9, 2004
    Houston
    First, I would like to thank everyone who voted in my "Combo Vs. Head+Cab" poll. The issue has been settled.

Second, my Eden WT300 is producing a nasty hum and is amplified by the PA sub. What causes this hum and how should I fix the problem? Do I need a new tube? Should I send it to Eden for service or upgrade work? Can some local electronic repair shop fix it?

:crying: :crying: :crying:

2. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    Memphis
    Does it hum by itself or just when connected to a PA (I assume by a line out)?

If it hums by itself, it could any of a number of things, all of which a local tech should be able to sort out. Probably no big deal.

3. As far as what causes it, generally a grounding issue and / or poor wiring in the building.

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    dont really know what kind of bass you're using, but does it have single coil jazz bass pickups? i usually see the words "60 cycle and jazz bass pickups" in the same sentence.

5. lowend72

lowend72

Sep 9, 2004
    Houston
    I do have a Fender Jazz bass. But the amp hums with no input.

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    faulty speaker cable?