Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dreaded signal bleed!!! Any phaser without it?..

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tecx, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    So I am sick of signal bleeding phasers, I know I could mod one for true bypass... But damnit, is there any phaser that you don't need too... No boss crap, or anything like that... I have been down that road...

Alex

2. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    you have a line 6 DL4, I'm selling an MM4 which has a coupla phasers in it, and it's true bypass. no bleed here. Also, on the order of true bypass phasers, you have the lovetone doppelganger, the various fulltone univibe-style pedals, uhmmmm, can't really place any more at the moment...

3. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Thanks man... I think I am just going to buy a small stone and have it moded for true bypass...

Hows the doppelganger treating you?..

Alex

4. jammadave

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    dude, I've only had the Dopp a few days now but it's phe-nom. It doesn't do the small stone color-switch-on thing, it's more subtle than that, but I use it in place of where I used to use chorus or bi-phase sounds out of the MM4.

It's just a little less whooshy than a straight phaser, and a little less detuned/doubled than a straight chorus. Perfection, to me.

Quite possibly the tastiest effect I've ever used on bass, and I *was* kinda scared to drop the money on it, in case it wasn't.

Thumbs up to Lovetone thus far!

5. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Intriguing!:D

Where did you pick it up? I'm having difficulty finding someone who carries it, and the Lovetone website says, "Sold Out".:(

6. jammadave

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Well, nobody "carries it" as Lovetone stopped making all their pedals in 1999, I believe. Not out of business, though, and Vlad recently started making the Meatball and Cheese Source pedals again (that's a brown source OD and big cheese fuzz in one box)

I found mine thru a harmony central ad, at over 400 bucks the most expensive effect I've ever owned thus far, but IMHO worth every penny.

7. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I'll keep my eyes (and ears) open...thanks for the tip.

Maybe they should go back into manufacturing these...

Any others that are that good and also true bypass?