Dream Bass Alert

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by iriegnome, Feb 21, 2024.

1. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Ok. So we all have that bass.. Top of the "Wish List". Well for me here it is.. I mean, well, I really wish. At just under $11,000 it is really way out there. On top of that, at just under 11 pounds, my back and shoulder hurt thinking about a 3 hour gig.. But holy cow this is the magical unicorn bass for me... The Atlansia Victoria 5 string.

ATLANSIA: VICTORIA 5st Bass Natural Electric Bass | eBay

2. Nolan Tremblay

Nolan Tremblay

Dec 19, 2023
    Ottawa
    Very cool basses! Certainly more unique looking than the majority. I'd be quite interested to demo one and check out those pickups and the tone of the bass.

3. Five or Six

Five or Six

Jun 21, 2022
    West Michigan
    At that price it should play itself. And, how much disappointment would there be if it didn't sound any better than your Fender Jazz? IMHO, no bass is worth that much money. Would someone gig it or, would it just stay home? This is just me, if I Can't gig it, don't want it. To each their own.

4. Nolan Tremblay

Nolan Tremblay

Dec 19, 2023
    Ottawa
    I see people gigging more expensive basses than this and much more expensive orchestral instruments than this frequently, so I don't think that's a huge concern TBH.

5. Cool looking bass, but the seller is asking almost 3 times what the ones that have sold on Reverb and some other sites. Going price is between $3-4K. Look around, maybe you'll find one that is more affordable.

6. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Nice!

I've wanted a Solitaire for some years but never found one I could or wanted to afford. :)

7. Gervais Cote

Gervais Cote Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2023
    Personally, for a bass of that price, I would need a one week trial before buying it cause it better be THE bass for me.
    OTHO, the look and craftsmanship seem to be awesome and most of the time, you can’t go wrong with a bass made in Japan.

8. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    I don’t know anything about that bass but the craftsmanship looks great and I love the idea of recessing the controls. Well thought out.

9. coy garcia

coy garcia

Jan 18, 2020
    Wow that is a sexy bass...but it probably wouldn't make me a better player.

iriegnome likes this.
  10. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I do believe the seller is Atlansia... This specific bass I have not seen come through Reverb or really anywhere else for that matter. When they do pop up, this one is usually fretless, so a fretted one is pretty unique. But yeah, I could probably swing $3k, not nearly $11k

11. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    it would be exceptionally rare for a professional orchestral musician to be performing on a sub-$10k instrument.

i can speak more to basses since i'm a bassist, that the cheapest bass you're likely to see in a pro symphony may be $25-30k. even that i pretty unlikely, depending on the symphony.

as for the bass in the OP, it looks interesting but it's super hard to justify the $10k mark. i see innovative stuff, but not $10k worth.

12. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist Istanbul...not Constantinople Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Tejas
    I get the feeling that I'll see a Youtube video suggestion titled "This $1k Bass FOOLED a PRO Symphony Conductor??" with a picture of a 35 year old man doing the Home Alone scream face, superimposed over a stock photo of some random conductor.

- The video will be 12 minutes long
    - Will use a single-blind test format
    - The end result is the Conductor saying "It sounded better than I'd expect a $1k bass to sound, but the $10k one is MUCH better"

...and there will be an ad section for RAID: Shadow Legends at the 3:30 mark of the video

13. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Wow, I had no idea they were still in business.

What the heck is the thing below the bridge?

iriegnome and DJ Bebop like this.
  14. As back story, Atlansia is the company of H. Niyashi, the 'H. Noble' listed as the designer on the headstock decal on various Aria Pro II axes from the 80's, including the mighty Aria SB's.

Totally original and disarmingly different in that way Oriental designs can seem to Western sensibilities, though I must admit a one-string bass would look strange no matter where it came from.

Probably not for me, but important that designers like this are out there.

www.atlansiaguitars.com

15. Quap

Quap

Oct 14, 2008
    Lubbock, Texas
    I don't think they are. The website I found hasn't been updated since 2013. And the ebay lister is a reseller.

16. winojunko

winojunko Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2023
    Something something preferred nomenclature (?)

17. If I was wrong using that word, pls correct me as what would have been the right way to put it. I certainly meant no disrespect.

HolmeBass and Kubicki Fan like this.
  18. Carl Hillman

Carl Hillman

Jan 1, 2010
    Oil pan drain plug?

Lance Bunyon, DJ Bebop and dutchwife like this.
  19. drumvsbass

drumvsbass

Aug 20, 2011
    Winnipeg
    What makes it worth 10k?
    I spent around that for my Zon.
    It eats other basses for lunch.

20. dbsfgyd1

dbsfgyd1

Jun 11, 2012
    Mascoutah, IL
    Very nice, but a little out of my price range too.

Didn’t we have post within the past week trying to design a pick up like the ones on this bass?

iriegnome and dutchwife like this.