Dream Bass on Ebay...GB Rumour

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZenBass, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Well Darn It.... Looking on EBay and there it is... after all these years.. the Dream bass ive been looking for.. and its for Sale

GB Rumour, Mapel Neck, Sims LED the full works...

I pine I steeal......help me buy it sum1...

yummie and the specs are to die for..

Swamp Ash Body
    Figured Mapel Top
    Black American Walnut Thru Neck
    Rock Mapel Neck
    Birdeye Mapel Fingerboard
    GB Electronics +/-21db cut and booost
    Extra-Bright Switch
    Hipshot B Extenders and
    Schnalle Bridge....

On Ebay

its a Five tho..... can it be that hard to move from a Four to a Five...

what do u lovely ppl think...
  2. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    If that had only come up a couple months ago before I ordered my Spitfire...:rolleyes:

If you can afford it, I wouldn't let the B string scare you away. I played my new Spitfire 5 this week with my band and was blown away by the sound. The B string sounded wonderful!!
  3. I know...
    ive just bought a New EBS Rig... coulda got that instead.......

I think i might be able to get together the cash sumhow.......

its gorgeous.. truely amazing.....

how do u find the differences between a four and five

and i hope u are vewi vewi happy with ur bass....still looks aamzing....

Its that ive always useed a four and just techniques and stuff.....the Rumour is better than a Spitfire and at the price its a steal really.......its all to do with the easiyness of playing and things....
  4. Brian S

Brian S

Nov 11, 2003
    Atlanta, Georgia
    That bass is beautiful! :)

Like Berklee46 said, don't let the B string stop you. It doesn't take long to get use to it. My main problem was that I would somtetimes get mixed up on which string I was playing, like playing an open B instead of an open E, but that problem disappears pretty quickly.

Go for it! And if you get it let us know how it plays. :bassist:
  5. berklee46

Dec 19, 2000
    I would love to check out a Rumour sometime, but I'm actually more than happy with my Spitfire. There is something about a bolt-on bass that puts my mind at ease - just in case something ever happened to the neck, it's relatively easy to replace.

But for that price, I'd jump on the Rumour in a heartbeat if I had the funds.

I honestly don't find too much trouble going from a 4 to 5 string. To be honest, now that I'm so used to playing 5's, the 4 feels odd! ;)

I know how much you like the GB's and really don't think you'd have any problems getting used to the 5-string. And like I said, wait till you hear the GB B-String! :eek:
  6. I really had my heart set on another GB Spitfire....but now ive seen that i am having second thoughts... it would prolly annoye Bernie Sumwhat.. but he'd be glad ive stuck with GB... my family is two GB Spitfires and two GB Rumours and Two EBS Rigs :D

Well i am thinkin about askin my dad if he can lend me the monies till end of Jan and getting it...i am sure i'll love it.. and if not...then it will be enough to cover the cost of a New Spitfire,, so0o either way its a winning deal...
  7. berklee46

Dec 19, 2000
    Zenbass, you've already got FOUR GB Basses? Sweeeeet!
  8. I shoulda said... My Dream Family would be...

Two Spitfires
    Two Rumours and
    Two EBS Rigs

My currently Family is

One Spitfire (GB IV)
    One EBS Rig
    Second GB (Spitfire.. but maybe Rumour)...

then to build it up..

and if my band makes it big

I shall have a rack of GB Spitfires....

Some might say cause i play rock/emo/hardcore that to use such a nice bass is crime..

to them i give them a straight answer... two words and one of thems off... hehe...!!!..

Mines Growls better thenb any Warwick... and i'm nearing a break through with my dad.. that Rumour could be mine by Monday.. could u ask for a better Xmas presant.. New EBS Rig and New Rumour....Yummie...!!!!...
  9. berklee46

Dec 19, 2000

Ok, that makes a little more sense. :)

Just make sure your father gets you the money before I grab that Rumour!:p