Dream bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by carlos, Jul 20, 2004.

1. carlos

Apr 4, 2004
    If Money was no object what bass would you have?
  2. Fodera, Ritter! Alain Caron F Bass 5 or 6
    Witha lot of patience, the other high end basses are affordable!

3. If I could spend any amount of money, I'd get a Fodera Vic Wooten bolt-on.
  4. Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    If money were no object, I think I'd pay Benedetto to come out of retirement and build me a semi-hollow bass - one of a kind.
  5. PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    Micheal dolan 6 string super laminated body, lined fretless, peizo set up on an whale bone brdige, super smooth sounding pups.

If you ever in Santa Rosa, CA check out his shop, his laminate jigsaw puzzle basses are just incredible,

a custom neck threw G&L 2000, cept with bubinga body woods, and wenge/purple heart neck with a wenge FB, aguilar 3 band EQ.
  6. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I can't say... I'd have to play 'em first. BUT, ones I'd look at are MTD 535's, FBass BN5's, or a whole bunch of other cool stuff, I can't think of right this minute.
  7. rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Ritter and Pagelli :D
  8. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
  9. Based on looks only, since I haven't yet played any, a Celinder, or two, would be nice. One P, one J. Both with four strings and frets.
  10. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Ive always admired Carl Thompson's work, Id like for him to make a fanned fret bass :) Likely wouldnt happen, but you said dream bass, so there it is hehe.
  11. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I want a second Fodera Yin/Yang. This time, five strings and no frets. Top woods reversed so the ebony part of the body doesn't blend into the ebony fretless board. I just got an estimate on its cost, and have a BIG empty penny jar to fill now.

For the moment, my fretted yin/yang 4 fulfills me.
  12. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    If I were independantly wealthy I'd buy a Sadowsky New york Vintage 5 and a Fodera Monarch Deluxe 5 and the bass Jacob Marchelewski is building for Wolfehollow. See birth of a bass thread. One can dream
  13. I'd say a Custom Shop master built Fender fretless Jazz, white blonde with tort guard. The American Jazz has my favorite fretless sound, why not get one to my specs, handmade by one of the builders at Fender?
  14. Ken Lawrence Brase 5
    Nordstrand singlecut 5
    Another Roscoe 5

And a jazz-based 5-string with an alder body and spalted maple top.
  15. +1

Or a Valenti Jazz.
  16. Custom built double neck Fodera Emperor 6 fretted/6 fretless

:D :bassist: :D
  17. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Money no object..... dream basses..... Hmmmm

1.) Benavente 51 series fretless 6 with birds-eye fingerboard and one big ole humbuck in the middle

2.) Benavente 51 series fretted 5 white/tort/maple with a pair of Dimarzio ultra jazz

:smug: hey what do you know... That's just like the basses I got :hyper:

I do have a LowEnd Jazz 6 in my sights too...

the "Money No Object" part would be a chance to audition and purchase a pro level 5 string upright that feels and sounds best to me.
  18. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    +2 :cool:
  19. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    A stock....
    .....that's in totally MINT condition. :cool: