1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dream Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DiegeBerry123, Jun 30, 2012.

1. DiegeBerry123

DiegeBerry123

Jun 21, 2012
    I was thinking if i could have any bass in the world what would it be and i couldn't come up with Nuthin!!! Then I thought maybe a Fender Marcus Miller Jazz Bass Guitar,Marcus Miller Signature but never really thought about it! Anyone have a dream one?:bassist: I'm Very Very Curious?!?!:D

2. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone Banned

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    Yes, as soon as I've replaced the pickups in my Ibanez Mikro with EMGs, that will pretty much be my dream bass.
    To fulfill my bass dreams though I would need to have a modded Ibanez Mikro Bass VI style.

3. An original '51 Telecaster Bass, all stock parts. Then I could die a happy man.

4. Something Spector.

5. a collab between leo ernie lull and the folks at fbass. im on a bit of an american classic kick.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Late 70's looking Precision in black with b/w/b pickguard, maple neck,and a 9.5" radius. Had a 79 that had the look but I hated the rounder fretboard and the pickup was kind of blah so I sold it.

7. basschanges

basschanges Unconditionally Loving Member Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Fodera Anthony Jackson

8. NightTripper

NightTripper

Oct 20, 2011
    Rick 4003 in the sadly discontinued Turqoise finish.
    Hofner 500/2 "Club" Bass.

I also like Thunderbirds, but not as much as the Rick and Hofner.

I honestly believe those would cure G.A.S. for me (at least for basses).

9. EasyMurder

EasyMurder

Jul 31, 2011
    Sandberg California TM4. Perfect.

10. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    mb5%20025.

11. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    Ric 4005
    New Wal

12. zortation

zortation

Dec 26, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    Alembic MK Deluxe

13. James L

James L

Jul 24, 2011
    The Geddy Lee Jazz

14. I own mine. After playing for 16 years, I decided to have a custom made. Now, I don't have $10k to spend on handbuilt custom. But, where does it say my dream bass has to be hand built? Right? So, that in mind, I went the Carvin route. I ended up with a SB4K in classic white, BE maple FB, tort guard, abalone dot inlays, string-thru, chambered alder body, passive, chrome hardware, chrome pickup hand cover.

To me, it has a vintage vibe, but little appointments like the BE maple FB make it feel modern. I also aquired a black pickguard incase I want to change it up a little. But, I am digging the tort. Carvin's tort doesn't look like my el cheapo GFS one. It actually looks a little closer to what you'd expect to come on a vintage F****.

Each detail was chosen based on what I found I like playing over the years. I like the classic look. And this bass has the comfortability of a modern player. Best of both worlds, if you ask me.

15. while I love my basses - P, burst, maple fb, tort pg (boring I know . . .)

16. My dream bass is a SCPB, slab body, very close to the Dusty Hill CS, but without the $4k price tag.

Warmoth, here we come!!

17. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    Diege Berry,
    Well, while I have two really nice basses. A Lakland 55-94 and A Vintage Fender P-Bass. I've been looking at this bass for quite a while. It's pretty unique.

Ric

Attached Files:

18. XtheDeadPawn

XtheDeadPawn

May 24, 2008
    Texas
    A alder bodied 5 string bolt on rosewood fingerboard 5 string bass with a wide neck
    and a P/MM set up with a 3 band EQ activbe onboard preamp. That is coiltapped to replicate a P/J sound with a flick of a switch or a pull of a knob.

Basically it'd be a ESP or LTD Surveyour

Or

A Schecter Diamond Custom P (I'd need to mod it of course with a active pre amp)

Or

A fancy Custom Sanberg VM

19. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    3Wals.

[​IMG]

20. PlungerModerno

PlungerModerno

Apr 12, 2012
    Ireland
    Fender P special, CS, with my own personal twist. Wife position Humbucker... and all for under 8 lbs. Perfectly balanced....

Here's a crummy mockup: 4nlzt.