Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DREAM DRUMMER: JERRY GASKIL

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by burk48237, Feb 18, 2005.

1. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    There was a thread earlier about Dennis Chambers who certantly is a "bass players" drummer, and it got me thinking who are some of the other great "bass player" drummers and one that came to mind was Jerry Gaskil of Kings X. I am not a metal fan (I could care less who metalicas best bass player was) but I really dig Kings X and was listening to them on the road last week and Jerry blew me away!! Very Musical like the rest of the band, not busy,fat pockets, and great time. And his bass drum work is sick!, killer accents and punchy tone. Plus he sings great back ground vocals live while he does it! I've never been blown away by Doug P's bass playing but his tone with the 8 string is the ultimate power trio tone, and he's singing too!! I've seen them live once and they are UNBELIEVABLE for a trio, sounds like 8 guys up there. They were on Letterman once and Paul Schaffer thought they did a great job linking to the background sequences, there reply was, what background sequences? True Story!!!

2. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Oh yeah, definitely agreed. Jerry is just solid. I've seen them live a few times and they were always just awesome.