Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dream Job 3

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bernie Connors, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Anybody been watching it on ESPN?

I can see getting rid of Gerald Wilkins. He just wasn't working out. But Darryl Dawkins was doing as good as the rest IMO. Dennis Scott was doing worse, I think. I was hoping to see Darryl go farther atleast..... :meh:

Who do you think will get cut next? I think it's Dennis. I'm see J.R. Reid taking it all.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    They are all lame. I quit watching after one episode.

ESPN needs to let this series die. Just like they did with "Beg, Borrow, and Deal".

-Mike

3. Yeah, none of them are polished pros or anything, but they can be in time.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I guess Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley have set the standard for me.

When I see those guys on DJ3, they just look some stiff cardboard. No personality. I suppose they can be polished in time, but until then, I'll stick with Chuck and the Jet.

-Mike

5. Yeah, Charles and Kenny are great. I always enjoy watching them.

Tim Legler, Mark Jackson and Greg Anthony are good too.

6. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    Word up! I remember that show, it was really lame. They would seriously need to change the format of the show in order to get it to work. Anyone else feel the novelty of reality shows beginning to wane (I mean publicly too)?

7. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I always thought they sucked

Ray

8. They can wane in popularity a great deal and it won't matter. Producers of reality shows don't have to hire actors or quality writers(they do hire a writing staff, but honestly, how talented can those hacks possibly be), so they're ridiculously cheap to make. A sitcom has to have decent ratings to survive, most reality television does not.

It was sweet to see that show "The Will" get cancelled after one episode. Almost made me regain my faith in humanity.

Dream Job probably operates on a higher budget than most of the reality shows, but it has such a large base of die-hard ESPN viewers that it probably doesn't much matter.

9. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    What was "The Will" about?

10. Something about a bunch of schmucks being gathered together where the object of the game was to inherit a lot of money. Insert typical reality show conventions, alliance making, etc. I only know about it because of Conan O'brien's "Reality TV Small Talk Moment," one of my favorite segments on the show.

11. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    The guy who won the first Dream Job was pretty good. I liked him. I haven't seen much of this new one. With digital cable, I hardly ever check out the stuff I've had forever like ESPN, Discovery, and History. I used to watch those all the time but now I hang around on MTV2 and the music (just audio) channels.

I like the concept of Dream Job. It's a better premise than a lot of the other ones. No one grew up thinking it would be great to fight to survive on an island, but lots of people grew up dreaming of a career in sports, and these guys are getting a shot, ya know? I think it's a lot more substantive to give someone a shot at a career than to just give them a bunch of money at the end.

Jake

12. Yeah, definitely. That's why I like it.

13. I gotta go with my hometown guy - go Matt Bullard. He was a pretty integral part of the Rockets championship team back in the early 90s.