Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dream Pedal Board

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Petary791, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
  2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I'm lucky, I've already got alot of my dream pedal board, on my pedal board! I've also been lucky enough to own most of the things that I'd want to put back on there before i sold them in the relentless GAS quest.

I'm running an EBS Microbass II, Crowther Prunes and Custard, Akai Deep Impact, Fulltone Bass Drive.

I'll be adding an Automagic Earthshaker wah. An envelope filter or two (probably the Money Shot and ill buy another Lovetone Meatball, a close runner is the EBS Bass IQ) And I think i need another 'conventional' distortion. And a whammy, and a chorus and some modulation effects and...

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Currently
    Depth Charge
    Rust Ride
    BJF Blueberry
    Big Muff NYC
    Dunlop Fuzzface
    DOD 250
    Small Stone
    FX25B
    Ibanez SB synth
    Morley Dual Bass Wah

I have a Boss Synth Wah incoming, but I'll mostly use it as an octaver.

I still want to add a Dregetone Angler, a Zvex Wooley Mammoth, a Red Witch Medusa, and a Choralflange.

4. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    How you like that Dual Wah? Would the Dunlop be better?

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    :rolleyes:

The Morley and Dunlop are complete and polar opposites. Neither are better. Play both and decide which you like.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    As far as my personal dream pedalboard: one of everything.

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Yep, King of Muff said it. I have both but the Morley is the sound I want to hear when I step on a wah. Me and the Dunlop never got along to well.

I probably support TB 'fore too long, so check the For Sale Forum if you are interested.

8. Heckxx

Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    I currently have:
    Boss ODB 3
    Boss BF 3
    Boss PH 3
    MXR Phase 90
    Danelectro Mini Tremolo (Tuna Melt i think)
    Dunlop Q-Zone
    Ibanez CF-7
    DOD Bass Overdrive

And I would want to add or try out:
    Sansamp Bass Driver DI
    Line 6 DM-4
    Line 6 Echo Pro
    Line 6 Filter Pro
    Line 6 Space Chorus
    Boss Tremolo (TR-2?)
    Digitech Whammy
    Moog Ring Modulator

9. I sold a lot of pedals a while back. I've owned a lot of pedals in my time. Currently I only have a (black) Russian Big Muff and a Mini QTron. Next, I plan on adding a Boss PH3 Phaser and a Dunlop 105Q. After that, I'll be hunting for one of those Digitech 1002 Delays. I think I'll be done after that...

If money were no object and I were turned loose in a big music store?

--Green Big Muff
    --Korg G5 (I can't believe I had one of these and sold it!)
    --Boss PH3 Phaser
    --Dunlop 105Q Bass Wah
    --Line 6 DL4 Delay/Looper
    --EH POG
    --Moog MF102

That would be it. Simple tastes, eh?

10. DubDubs

DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Mono Board:
    Strobostomp Tuner -> Moog MF-103 -> T.C. Electronic SCF -> H&K rotosphere -> Morley PVO -> Delay Pedal (not sure which one)

or

Stereo Board:
    Strobostomp Tuner L-> Moog MF-103 L-> T.C. Electronic SCF L->R-> H&K rotosphere L->R-> Earnie Ball Stereo Volume/Pan Pedal L->R-> Stereo Delay pedal. Delay Pedal (not sure which one) L->R-> Two seperate preamps or a stereo pre (Alembic F2-B)

11. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    My current set-up is almost "perfect". I scaeld back a bucnh 'cause I just wasn't using them.

I use a BOSS Tu-2, Dunlop 105Q, Bassballs (russian, re-issue), Morely Volume, BOSS CEB-3, BOSS GEB-7, and a BOSS RC-20. I run my 4-string (my "funk" bass) trhough a Digitech Bass Squeeze.

My favorite is my Fender Reverb. I acquired a 6G35 blackface from a friend who used to be in one of the "Fender Bands" back in the 60's. I had to do some fix work (replaced some caps and the tubes, and changed the powercord to a 3-prong) but other than that, man is this the sweetest reverb I have ever heard! The re-issue is nothing compared to the original, real deal. It does take up a l'il space, as it's almost the size (but around a tenth the weight) of a classic SVT head.

I'm currently trying to find a new Overdrive... I used a BOSS ODB-3, but I never was satisfied with the sound, even after modding the sucker.

I'm actually thinking about the EH Hot Tubes, or whatever.. their tube-driven OD/distortion pedal, or maybe the GK Diesel Dawg. I want something that can give me a wide range of tones from subtle drive, to nasty crunch.

If anyone is after a slightly used BOSS PH-3 phasor and a used, but functional DOD FX-75B Flange, drop me a line. I have both, and just never used them as much as I thought I would for live gigging.

12. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    i finally got hold of deep impact last week, which completed the first phase of dream acquisitions.

id like:

a sansamp bddi
    catalinbread supercharged overdrive
    crowther prunes and custard (possibly have this soon)
    fulltone bassdriver
    zvex wooly mammoth
    akai unibass/g-drive
    boss od-2
    rocktron all access
    human gear animato distortion
    dod 250 overdrive
    effector 13 dark boost

+ others...

toasted: i see you have a microbass II.. man id love one of those. how much did you pay for it?

13. You've got mail.

L

14. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I bought it second hand from David Wilson; i live in the UK and I saved about 1/3 of 'new' price by buying second hand. As far as i understand it theyre as rare as rocking horse **** in the USA so depending where you are really alters the availability :)

15. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    My dream board is under construction, currently housing:

Korg DT10 tuner
    EHX Qtron+
    EBS MultiComp
    SABDDI
    MXR EVH Phase 90 (blinding blue LED, but I found that I dont have a use for script mode so I coulda gotten a regular orange P90)

That's about as dreamy as I need... considering adding a Deep Impact and a DL4, but they're not necessary, in my usual, more rock-based context.

16. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Right here:
    [​IMG]
    Well when I get my Catlinbread preamp, and the mysetry pedal...

Alex

17. I'm in the process of building it, but here's what it should look like (kinda complicated, try and follow along)

bass->EHX Black Finger->EBS Octabass->custom loooper 3 way splitter with tuner mute to Boss TU-2
    Path A: Loooper 3 loop w/ blend pots
    (loop1: Roland AP-2 Phaser)
    (loop2: DOD 250, Emma Discumbobulator)
    (loop3: Boss CEB-3, Prunes and Custard)
    HBE Tramp
    Path B: Hao Rust Ride, Dunlop 105Q bass wah
    Path C: HBE Big-D, Dunlop 105Q bass wah

VooDoo Labs Pedal Power 2 and a Godlyke PowerAll for power supplies, Stompin-ground pedalboard, GerogeL's cables

Kinda inspired by Tim Commerford's setup with the O/D and Wah paths in addition to a "clean" for bass retention, but my "clean" has a mess of pedals as well for when need something different than O/D...its about 75% finished right now, sorry no pics for it

18. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
  19. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Hey Tecx, how do you like that DL4?

20. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Yup... Thats the one... The TS is great, but it does need to be modded for bass... I definetly want to hear how it turns out for you...

ps. is Nicholas doing the mod???