Dream Theater - 3/6/06

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by nick g., Mar 7, 2006.

1. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
    What a mindf*** of a concert. Set list was as follows:

The Root of All Evil
    I Walk Beside You
    (a Majesty demo; don't know the title)
    Take The Time
    Caught in a Web
    Peruvian Skies/ Wish You Were Here/ Wherever I May Roam
    The Glass Prison
    Endless Sacrifice
    Never Enough
    Sacrificed Sons
    Wait For Sleep/ Learning to Live

Every minute of it was jaw-dropping. I actually could feel the lower frequencies IN MY THROAT on an upper-level seat. Personal highlights: Take the Time; Home; The Glass Prison; Endless Sacrifice; Octavarium; Wait For Sleep/ Learning to Live. If there are any dates left near you, you damn well better get a ticket, or miss out.

That is all.
  2. Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    I wish they'd come to Iceland man:( Did they take the whole Octavrium song?? I bet that was amazing??:)
  3. nick g.

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
    Yeah, the whole thing. Rudess extended the Continuum/lap steel intro by about 7 minutes, too.
  4. Tired_Thumb

Tired_Thumb Guest

I'm seeing them the 18th @ the Congress in Chicago. Can't wait!
  5. When I saw DT, the bass was shaking the balcony so bad I swear it was going to fall and kill me.

But that's cool they played "Wait For Sleep." Nice, sweet little ballad.
  6. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    I need 2 tickets for NYC show if anyone can help.
  7. One of my favorite prog-metal bands and they haven't even come remotely close to North Carolina in forever. :bawl: What gives?:confused:
  8. Hi All,
    I have seen them 2 times and I will be seeing them friday night 17 March in Minneapolis MN. I can't wait. They are my fav Prg band.
  9. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    I wish they would come to the UK, would be amazing.
  10. Jamolah

Apr 28, 2005
    UK, North East
    They did, in October last year. 24th and 25th, i think, at the Londom Hammersmith Apollo. I was there. They played Dark Side of the Moon in the second half, all of it.

I'm sorry, I'm probably just making you feel worse. :bag:
  11. Dammit, I've always wanted to see them, and when I stop paying attention to thier tour dates, they come to MN, and I even have that weekend off from hockey, but I don't have the money to go!
  12. PeppermanL2K

PeppermanL2K ...and on the 8th day, God created the Habanero.

Feb 3, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    Seeing them in NYC on 4/1! My first DT show. 7th row far left, but right in front of JM!
  13. Tired_Thumb

Tired_Thumb Guest

Hey guys, I ordered the tickets through T-master, and they say they'll arrive via USPS at least 48 hrs before the event. They haven't been here for at least a week (granted, it's still not 48 hrs beforehand), so should I still wait or should I start asking people? :help:
  14. Fun Size Nick

Fun Size Nick

Feb 21, 2006
    Hong Kong
    I wish they would come to Australia...they've never been here :(

Sounds like a great night though Random Basser! Thats a pretty good setlist. My dream would be to see them do the whole of 'A change of seasons' or the whole of 'Scenes from a Memory'...or both on the one night ;) Very little chance of that though.
  15. rashbeep

Jul 15, 2005
    Toronto, ON
    AHHH IM seeing them this wednesday SOO EXCITED!!!!!!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
    I wish they would do stream of consciousness and dance of eternity though...
  16. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005

I'm so excited. Just wish As I am was on that list.
  17. nick g.

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
    Well, you know, the set list doesn't necessarily apply to every date, so you may indeed get what you want. ;)
  18. rashbeep

Jul 15, 2005
    Toronto, ON
    yea my friend told me they have a rep for changing set lists.. ITS IN 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
    @ scott.. what row do you have????
  19. slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I saw em over the summer. I went for Megadeth and Fear Factory though, it's a shame I didn't really get into them until after the concert. Oh well they were great from what I remember
  20. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Section - LSG
    Row - F
    Seat - 22-25 (or maybe 23-26)