Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dream Theater: Metropolis 2000

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ikickuintheballs, Jul 4, 2001.

1. Hey. I finally bought this DVD today. It's great! Who else owns this or have seen it? I was going to go to this concert but was unable. :( I can't believe they have Change of Seasons on it. That made my day when I played along with it. :) hehe What do you guys think of this dvd? I think it's great other than the fact that Metropolis Pt. 1 isn't included! :p.. other than that, I love it!

2. Gedster

Gedster

Jan 25, 2001
    What can I say?.HMMMM......This DVD is the best thing since sliced bread.(I had to say it)...Anyhoo, I love this DT experience...Myung RULES, and I was just reading the "Pop music" thread, before I read this and thought....."SHEESH, can't anyone do their OWN thing?" Well, that's where Dream Theater comes in, and says.."F^&K pop music, learn the neck/play the neck, and don't play 4/4.....everrrrrrrrry time!!" There is nothing worse than 4/4.....4/4....and 4/4..again......AAARGH!!

Note to learners: Don't learn Pop music, learn "REAL" music!!......"Boom/Boom/Boom/on the E string...is WEEEEEAK!!!!!!

Whatever, I love the DVD, and I will always HATE Britney Sperm....sorry!

3. Gedster, that was one of the best replies I've ever seen here. Hahaha. Thanks. :)

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    music recording related means recordings forum fun.

5. 5not4

5not4

Sep 7, 2000
    Flint, MI
    Yep, you guys have said it all!!! Very kick A$$ DVD.

Have you turned on the commentary and listened to them talk their way through the music. Pretty funny stuff.

JM is a great 'pocket' player, although pocket is too weak of a term in this case. He puts in just what's needed for the song. He could be out doing the 'virtuoso' thing but stays with DT and just kicks a$$.

I'm really curious to see how they do on the next CD. They really out did themselves on this one.

6. yea, that commentary is hilarious! :)

"Look it's the Jordan Rudess action figure stance!" hehe

7. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    I just got the DVD this monday (when it was released over here in europe), and I like it pretty much. They could have done better. I found it pretty dumb not to include Metropolis Part 1 (even though the DVD is called "Metropolis 2000").

They could have done better with this DVD, I mean take a look at Metallica´s DVDs. They are a lot better. The audio commentary is a cool idea, but they could have made it better. The "Behind the Scenes" Documentary is useless to me, I get to know nothing at all there.

David