Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dream Theater; The Glass Prison

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Vorago, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Haia you all!

I'm looking for some descent online sheet music of The Glass Prison (by DT) , so not the tab, but the actual bassnotes, wathever, you know what I mean.
    I was planning on transcribing it to 4-string, and maybe play it on my june-exam (if I can play it by then, we'll see)

So any help? Suggestions? Is this achievable?

Thanks

2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Hey man. I cant actually find the sheet music, But I can tell you that that song isnt 4 string freindly. Mr Myung uses his low b alot in that song and even though the intro is high, it has a low B ringing out below it. Thats all i can help you with man, but good luck ;)

3. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Well, I've analysed it in total, and indeed, the low B is used constantly.
    The acceleration in the 9th minute is totally insane. I keep on loosing my fingers somewhere while playing it. Maybe I'll just wait on my 5-string before playing it, and I'll stick with Erotomania for now :)

4. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    I don't have the PowerTab Editor, but I've been slowly working on Glass Prison for the last month or so...I have up to the 7th minute if you want what I've got so far. It's not 100% perfect but it's close enough.

Just let me know.