Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dreaming about bass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LimpyBizkit397, May 5, 2001.

1. I ahd this dream that I was in a pawn shop and I got a four string bass. It resembled my first bass but then the next day we went back and the had a five string bass. It looked new but when I got to play it is stunk. So I kept my four string and went home. But for the rest of the dream I was questioning my decision. Can anyone tell me what this means and tell me if it's good or bad??? It would help alot.

2. it means.. stick to four :) at least for now hehe

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    It means you have G.A.S.!!!!! :)

4. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Well...Yesterday I dreamed my mom bought 2 wonderful double basses and I tried one of them and I loved it!!!!
    I want a double bass..:(

5. Nails

Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    Let's take a "Freudian" outlook upon it: we must realize what the two basses represent. The bass you bought, which resembled your first bass, could be a symbol for your present boyfriend or your first boyfriend since it was like your first bass, your happy with it but you were still interested in the "bigger" bass. You may be outgrowing your present relationship, if you're in a relationship. Then there's the 5 string, it was horrible for you and yet you were unsure of the decision you made to stay with what you had. Perhaps there's someone else you're interested in, you look at him he's got a little more to offer than your current fella but deep down you know he's no good for you (symbolized by how awful the bass played/sounded to you.) My suggestion is to stay with the first bass.

Actually your dream doesn't have to mean something, it could be your brain telling itself a little story involving what you like to do. I just made up everything above in the pursuit of a little fun, I hope you didn't take it to seriously.