1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dreaming of a Spector

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Apr 6, 2001.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Strange dream the other night - no doubt caused by the reading of the purchase of Nino Browns latest Spector. FYI -Nino works at my friendly neighborhood music store.

In the dream I went into the store and the owner told me they had a great new Spector on sale (sorry Nino, you weren't in the dream). It was under 500 bucks, black sparkle, and had the STREAMER shape, like the other Spectors. Yes I know who originalted the shape. The cool thing about this bass was it had these weird platic pieces that I could only think up in a dream. Right below each string where I'd play it with my right hand were 4 little plastic ramp like pieces that made my fingers slide on them after I pulled the string. Almost like training wheels on a bass. The bass also had nylon stings on it... hmmmmmm. I've been trying to lighten up on my right hand technique.

Even in the dream I couldn't afford the bass. Had it been a lucid dream I'd have taken every bass off the rack, told them to put it on my card, run home with them all and stayed asleep for a week or two.

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The only thing strange I find in this dream is that you didn't buy it!!!!!!! Maybe I'll sell one to you cheap.....

.....maybe not. LOL :) Keep looking on musicians friend. They've been having some hot deals latley. I have the link to the "Spectors on MF" as a favorite & I click on it every morning to see if there is something ELSE I have to buy. lol. Just sell that damn Warwick & buy a Spector. J/K!!!

3. I've been thinking about saving up for a Spector, too!
    Well, that is until yesterday. I was at Tom Lee's just in time for their new shipment of stuff...and out of the corner of my eye I saw one of the guys pull out a Warwick Infinity Ltd. 2000...ooooh....sweeeeeeeeeeeet...I had this really...awestruck look on my face when I saw him put it in a gig bag. The guy just thought I was some kind of moron or something. Feh. I probably know more about that thing than that guy did. :p
    Then I walked around back...and saw a Warwick Dolphin hanging out back where they keep the *NICE* instruments...well...most of them, anyway. I was trying out the Geddy Lee signature jazz bass at the time. :p
    Man...now I'm stuck between saving up for a Warwick & saving up for a Spector.
    Hmmm...decisions, decisions... :D:p