Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dreaming of a Spector

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Apr 6, 2001.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Strange dream the other night - no doubt caused by the reading of the purchase of Nino Browns latest Spector. FYI -Nino works at my friendly neighborhood music store.

In the dream I went into the store and the owner told me they had a great new Spector on sale (sorry Nino, you weren't in the dream). It was under 500 bucks, black sparkle, and had the STREAMER shape, like the other Spectors. Yes I know who originalted the shape. The cool thing about this bass was it had these weird platic pieces that I could only think up in a dream. Right below each string where I'd play it with my right hand were 4 little plastic ramp like pieces that made my fingers slide on them after I pulled the string. Almost like training wheels on a bass. The bass also had nylon stings on it... hmmmmmm. I've been trying to lighten up on my right hand technique.

Even in the dream I couldn't afford the bass. Had it been a lucid dream I'd have taken every bass off the rack, told them to put it on my card, run home with them all and stayed asleep for a week or two.

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The only thing strange I find in this dream is that you didn't buy it!!!!!!! Maybe I'll sell one to you cheap.....

.....maybe not. LOL :) Keep looking on musicians friend. They've been having some hot deals latley. I have the link to the "Spectors on MF" as a favorite & I click on it every morning to see if there is something ELSE I have to buy. lol. Just sell that damn Warwick & buy a Spector. J/K!!!

3. I've been thinking about saving up for a Spector, too!
    Well, that is until yesterday. I was at Tom Lee's just in time for their new shipment of stuff...and out of the corner of my eye I saw one of the guys pull out a Warwick Infinity Ltd. 2000...ooooh....sweeeeeeeeeeeet...I had this really...awestruck look on my face when I saw him put it in a gig bag. The guy just thought I was some kind of moron or something. Feh. I probably know more about that thing than that guy did. :p
    Then I walked around back...and saw a Warwick Dolphin hanging out back where they keep the *NICE* instruments...well...most of them, anyway. I was trying out the Geddy Lee signature jazz bass at the time. :p
    Man...now I'm stuck between saving up for a Warwick & saving up for a Spector.
    Hmmm...decisions, decisions... :D:p