1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dreaming the perfect groove

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MovinTarget, Nov 1, 2018.

1. MovinTarget

MovinTarget

Jan 30, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    I actually dreamt of a killer grooving bassline last night, and now I can't remember it...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Yup. I still remember losing a great riff for the middle of Pink Floyd's "Interstellar Overdrive" that came to me in a dream when I was 13. Only fragments left by the time I was awake enough to figure it out...

3. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    I'm actually up at 4 am (4:38 now) writing down a bassline and melody that came to me in a dream just prior. I know myself well enough to know that if I don't get up to write it down I'll lose it.

bholder likes this.
  4. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    "In Xanadu did Kubla Khan a stately pleasure dome decree..." ;)

MovinTarget likes this.
  5. kesslari

Dec 21, 2007
    <lyric>I got Alf the sacred river runnin' round my brain...

MovinTarget and bholder like this.
  6. MovinTarget

MovinTarget

Jan 30, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    Since I picked up bass over 20 years ago, this is the first time I've had this happen to me... that I remember, anyway...

7. kesslari

Dec 21, 2007
    It's funny, it's happened to me several times, and more recently. Sometimes I wake up thinking it's something really awesome, and then I play it or write it out and think ... "meh, that's not really very good". Other times it's pretty cool stuff that makes its way to bands.
    But I think I'm wired weird... I've wrote a song while recovering from dental surgery, and others while really sick and feverish. Not the lyrics, mind you, just the groove and hooks.
    This is the dental surgery song:

JRA and MovinTarget like this.
  8. JohnMCA72

JohnMCA72

Feb 4, 2009
    If I had a dollar for every time that happened to me I could pay for all the gear I've ever wanted!

9. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

in my dreams: the bass plays itself while hot chicks offer to buy me drinks. there is no load-out. :D

MovinTarget likes this.