Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dreams of your significant other before you met them

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Dec 23, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Have any of you ever had a dream about your significant other before you actually met them and after you had this dream you were excpecting and waiting to meet them afterwords?.

2. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    ***'s ur significant other? lol

3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    What´s so funny about that?

By significant other he means your future spouse, soulmate or whatever you can call it.

To answer your Q, I belive that I´ve actually had a couple of dreams but unfortunately for me I´ve never been able to remember the face when I wake up. :(
    Not that I have met my spouse yet though....

4. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    My girlfriend had it happen to her with me which is just about the craziest thing ever.

When I still dug this other chick that she was friends with, she had a dream about us being together, and look now. :smug:

5. crgaston

crgaston

Dec 23, 2005
    Chattanooga, TN
    My partner had dreams of me before she ever met me. My aunt told her about me. She is an atheist, though, so the whole God's will angle might not be appropriate here.

6. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

Oh god... first time i read it as "my parents had dreams of me..." it freaked me out... then i noticed that you are not from one of those Deliverance type of places (filmed in Georgia :) ) so i had to re-read it...

Oh... and well... my longest relationship lasted about two months... so i guess my anwser is no?

7. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    What about dreams of someone elses significant other?

8. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I think I'm up to 4 now. This could be akward,or mean a lot of divorces.

9. blujax01

blujax01

Nov 16, 2005
    When I was 22, I was at a party with a girl I sort of dug. She had lost interest in the party (and me) and wanted to leave. The apartment was a 1/2 address so we had to go down a set of stairs to go outside. She went out ahead of me and for some reason, I stopped and looked back up before I followed.

The girl who hosted the party (Connie) was at the top of the stairs, bidding me a good evening. With a logic unknown to this day, I had this moment of absolute clarity and raced back up the stairs to kiss her. She kissed me back, gave me this goofy lopsided grin and said good night. I mean, she was in another relationship and we barely knew each other, but it seemed the right thing to do at the time.

Connie and I will be married 27 years in July.

10. MAJOR METAL

Thats Excellent , Congrats. :)

11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    No I have not. However, I did have a string of dreams involving marriage, 4 or 5 in a row, then 2 or 3 in a row a couple months later, then another one just this afternoon(yes, I took a nap). All marrying the same person and the dreams were interconnected, it was clearly the same ceremony going on, just each dream involved different parts(planning, reception, vows, playing with nerf guns...etc.). Well, there was a time when me and this girl were pretty sure we were going to get married, but that was a long time ago, we don't talk anymore.

12. Not dreams as such- but just another passer by. I'd see this girl atleast once or twice a week at the local shopping center, or near our local hangout (Ice Rink). One day she come up and talked to me at the ice rink told me to "cheer up", as I was looking pretty down as a gurl (other girl) I was suppose to be going out with desided- she'd head off with another male friend *sigh*​
    Over the next few weeks, I sms'ed a friend of "other girl". We arranged to meet at the park- I was amazed to find it was the girl from the ice rink. A few hours later I had totally fallen for her... ​
    Nearly 4 years later- and we still drive each ther crazy and I am still head over heals for her. Not with her Christmas Morning, unfortunatly- but I will be heading over to her family's Christmas Dinner later this evening. :D

13. MAJOR METAL

It seems love is in the air at talk bass so lets give this a bump. :)

14. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

That's a great story! Congratulations man.

Dreams of my significant other included the looks of Valerie Bertinelli, relationship of Mary Bailey (It's a Wonderful Life), motherhood of Donna Reed, and the class of Grace Kelly (can you tell I like old movies). I got most of it, and we've been married for 15 1/2 years.

15. That is the coolest story I've heard in a while.

16. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

just relevant enough for the thread, but off the mark! no good! :p

the stipulation is that it is BEFORE having met the other person.

so i think we're all batting .000 in this rather creepy thread.

(mixin' the sports metaphors there, eh?)

17. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I've never met a significant other. Ever. There's been plenty of insignificant others that didn't know I existed. That's as far as I've gotten, relationship-wise.