Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dreams with movie stars?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I don't recall ever having a dream that had a movie star in it before. Last night, I had a dream that had Winona Ryder in it. Now, it was not one of those type of dreams ;) . I was in a diner with my wife; we finished eating, paid the tab, and left a tip on the table. As we were leaving, my wife turned to say something to me and we saw Winona steal the tip! My wife wanted to confront her, and I wanted to just tip the waitress on the side and leave. Odd. The only thing I can think of is that a buddy of mine mentioned the movie 'Mr.Deeds" last evening. Anyone else have odd celebrity dreams that do not involve....adult situations.... :D ??

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  3. Nope. All of them were the above mentioned non valid post-able ones.

4. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I seem to remember beating a screaming Toby Keith with a baseball bat. He was standing the whole time, it was like a carnival attraction. Then he turned into a werewolf when I stabbed him through the heart with the bats' stub.

I have weird dreams.

Not a movie star, but that was last night. I've had similar dreams about John Goodman and Brendan Fraser.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I have a re-curring dream with Axl Rose scheduled to play a HUGE gig in my parents backyard, but the rest of the band never shows up, and so he cancels it. I am left standing on my paretns deck, crying since I was so excited to have this killer show in MY back yard, and nothing comes from it.

-Mike

6. I had a dream where my mom wanted to go to the beach. We get there, and Sean Connery was standing at the water's edge, appearing like he did in the movie Zardoz - long hair, briefs and bandoleros. Only it wasn't really Sean Connery - it was a simulacrum, a real body but no soul or volition. There were all these middle age and older women walking around him, checking him out and poking him with their fingers. One of them said "Now THAT'S a man!"

BTW, if you like weird movies, they don't come much weirder than Zardoz.

[​IMG]

7. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Can we ban mycranium for posting that picture? :eek:

this will make things better....

8. Hey, don't blame the messenger! :bag:

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I don't think I've ever had a dream with a celebrity in it, adult situation or not. I usually have pretty abstract dreams.

10. I drempt that I met the Pope backstage at a Jimmy Buffett concert....I woke up really confused after that one...

11. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Well, if the Pope had a beer and a cheeseburger that would be one thing, but otherwise that makes no sense at all.

12. You're telling me, try waking up from it....
    His Holyness was wearing his little beanie cap though. The big pointy one would have made it hard for him to do the "fins to the left...." thing.

13. I once dreamt that I was dating Pink, or hanging out at her huge house and meeting her parents and trying to get her to date me. It wasn't one of those dreams, but I suppose it could have been if I'd slept for a very long time :p It was a bit unusual in that she didn't look anything like the real Pink, but she somehow still was Pink in the dream. I've had a few similar dreams with noncelebrities, where the dream character is (represents) somebody real without actually looking like them. Anybody else experience that? :confused:

14. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    -not with celebs, but yes I have. I had a dream in which one of my closest friends looked nothing like he actually looks.

15. That is commonly called dream displacement or dream condensation. There have been cases of mean dreaming of their ex-wives, who sound like their wife but have that aura of being their mother. Now THAT is messed up...

I never dream of celebrities, whether in a discussable or non-discussable context... :(

[k]

16. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Funny you should ask. I had a dream that Adam Sandler was beating up his girlfriend and I could see him from my bedroom window. His girl calls me on the phone and wants me to help her. Adam gets mad and comes over to my house looking for me but I'm hiding behind the dresser. Then later that night(in the dream) I go down stairs because now I seem to live in some kind of large fancy hotel where he is scheduled to perform and he is waiting for me. At first I don't see him because he is wearing a hoody and has the hood up. I see him stand up and reach into his pocket for his gun and I run out of the joint. As I run outside I'm suddenly out front of a Wal-Mart and I hide behind some shopping carts. Then I wake up.

The sucky thing about this dream is, I'm pretty sure I can kick his ass, but instead I ran like a little beotch.

I'm still like, ***?

17. once i had a dream with cher in it. she was just hanging out with me and my friends for some reason, and it was no big deal. i saw her and i was like "what's up cher" and she was like "sup." so there you go.

18. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    ]

You'll get him next time. :ninja:

19. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Was she dressed like this:

20. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002