Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dredg "Catch Without Arms"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Deadworks, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Deadworks

Deadworks

Dec 13, 2004
    St.Louis, MO
    I didn't see a thread on this so whats your thoughts on the album if any?

I really like the album minus the 5th track Zebra Skin. That song just doesn't seem to fit the album at all to me. All the other tracks are awesome though. I love his voice and note choices on this album. Like in the song Jamais Vu for example that vocal line is breathtaking.

Overall I'd rate it a great album but I don't like it as much as El Cielo, of course IMO it's hard to come close to getting a much better album than that.

2. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    what does dredg sound like? i remember seeing a video once and thinking it was a tool video at first, but i dont remember much about the music...

3. Deadworks

Deadworks

Dec 13, 2004
    St.Louis, MO
    There's no trumpet lines on this album Abark but there are a few nice piano lines in some songs. If you like El Cielo I don't think you'd be dissapointed with the album. There are some really good tracks on it.

As far as what does dredg sound like that's pretty tough to describe. They have a fairly unique sound, or at least to me they do. I'm pretty sure they have some songs from all their albums up on their website www.dredg.com