Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Yorkiebassist, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    Are there any fans here? I've got Bugeyes, and was wondering what the rest of Catch Without Arms is like? Also, would you class them as prog rock?
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Great band. IMO, get their older cds. El Cielo and Leitmotif. They are better than catch without arms. This cd is good, dont get me wrong, but its too .. mainstream and happy. Bug eyes is amazing song though, as is Ode to the sun. El Cielo is such a great cd though. It is a lot more experimental than CWA. Leitmotif is the most proggy of the bunch.
  3. Earthday

Sep 22, 2005
    New Hampshire
    I'll second everything he said.

I wouldn't say they're prog, but Leitmotif does have a lot of prog elements. They're a very different band on each CD, and IMO they had found a perfect style in El Cielo. It's too bad they abandoned it for the inferior new poppy sound, but we'll see where they go next. El Cielo and Leitmotif are both very worth it, and CWA is worth a listen, but gets boring fast.
  4. Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    Where are they from btw? Someone said Portugal but I'm not sure. As for the prog stuff, they are apparently on the Prog Archives website.