1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dredgetone Angler | Mellowtone Mini Wolf CPU

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by eshears, Oct 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eshears

eshears

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    :bassist:Two awesome pedals for sale!:bassist:

Dredgetone Bass Angler - [DEL]$85[/DEL] - SOLD!
    Killer bass overdrive. You know it, you love it, you buy it.

Mellowtone Mini Wolf CPU - $60 OBO
    Awesome sputtery, 8-bity, gated fuzz! It murders.

Prices include shipping. I like PayPal.

Attached Files:

2. eshears

eshears

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Bump...anyone?

3. BooshBass

BooshBass

Sep 2, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    What's the deal on that gated fuzz? A little more description please. I currently have an EHX Big Bass Muff Pi, but think I want something gated.

I really only intend to use it in conjunction with an MXR Bass Octave Deluxe and SA Soundblox Bess Envelope Filter Pro to do some synth. For straight dirt i prefer OD. I think the gate will be much more effective than the Muff for synth tho, and I can probably sell the muff and buy this rather mysterious thing for little loss....

SELL ME.

4. eshears

eshears

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    The Wolf CPU is great for synth bass stuff, and I used it for that for quite awhile. It gets crazy loud and gets pretty glitchy at either side of the Texture knob. It's also got a killer mid-range so it cuts through the mix like a flaming samurai sword!

The pic shows about where I have the knobs usually set...Level a little above unity and Texture just above minimum (which is the most gated without glitching out).

Check out this bass demo of the Wolf Computer (the Mini CPU's big brother). It has more knobs, so more control and more sounds, but it will give you a basic idea. I might have some sound clips in a live band setting that I'll try to dig up as well.

Mellowtone Wolf Computer bass demo

5. eshears

eshears

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
  6. BooshBass

BooshBass

Sep 2, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Honestly, it sounds a little too crazy for me, and I was able to dial in some nice sounds last night with the big muff. Thank you for showing me these clips.

7. How about a trade-i have a Make Sounds Loudly Bass drive + boost that I'd love to trade for the gated fuzz!

8. eshears

eshears

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Sorry...don't need any other drives at the mo. Let me know if you're still interested.

9. I want it but I am fresh out of cash :(

10. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    I'm interested in the Wolf Computer Mini, but I'm reeaaally trying to thin the herd. Are you interested in any trades? If so, what items (or what category). I have several pedals I'm trying to move out. It's not an issue of costs, it's an issue of clutter. PM me if you prefer, or list your wants here. Thanks!

If I can sell some of my stuff, I will make a straight purchase (if it's still here).

11. eshears

eshears

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    I just need the cash right now. I'm pretty interested in the Source Audio OFD, but since that's only been out for a minute I doubt anyone is looking to off-load theirs!

12. eshears

eshears

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    [​IMG]

13. eshears

eshears

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    :(

14. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    I decided against the Wolftone (I need something more weird and glitchy, frankly) but I'm surprised the Angler is still here... I remember how people on Talkbass used to say it was one of the best bass overdrive ever made, and how hard it was to find.

:confused:

15. eshears

eshears

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Glitchier than the Wolf? What kind of maniacally profane music are you playing?!? :eek:

I surprised about the Angler, too. Really, it's a killer OD. This one has only been used a handful of times and has never been gigged.

16. eshears

eshears

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Bump'n

17. pm sent for the Angler, sir.

18. eshears

eshears

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    The Angler is sold!

The Mini Wolf CPU is still available...