Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Driftwood Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassconbeatz, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Check this out. I saw this on Ebay, and by the description, it states that its made of actual drift wood. What next? Dry Rot Bass complete with termites! :)

Bassconbeatz

2. From the picture and description, it looks like another example of the fine quality coming out of Wish Bass Inc. :ninja:

3. Already got one of those, the termites were out to see a movie when this picture was taken BTW... :D

[​IMG]

4. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA

They should change their company to "I Wish it was a Real Bass" Inc. instead LOL

Bassconbeatz

5. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Well, I'm sure it plays great, and I don't mean to be offensive, but that looks like a dog puked on it :D

To each their own ;)

6. Exactly the reason why the termites decided to leave for a while! :D

As you can see: no offence taken, nothing is subject to taste, personal preferences and discussion as much as body shapes or top wood.
    I also think the bass that started this thread is ugly as sin, but only because of the body shape, the origin of the wood (to me) makes it more interesting actually!

7. I for one would be hesitant to buy a bass if my wife did NOT think the top looked to have been vomitted upon.

8. In all seriousness, this bass exemplified the wishbass "mojo"...most people hate it...that's fine...they don't have to like it...

wish does his thang and people keep buying them...he's a unique individual producing a unique product...more power to him...

By the way...now that I've put a set of Labella Nylon Tape wounds on my wishbass, it sounds AWESOME!...very VERY URB-like indeed.