Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Drinking and posting ads don't mix - further evidence

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Jan 13, 2003.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    What's this guy thinking?!? I found this ad at bassgear.com:
    *snipped extnsive list of items for sale*

continued after his list:
    Is it too much to ask to just list the friggin' items? This guy posts like he's selling this stuff off of a weblog. Kind of funny though(in a "laughing at," not a "laughing with" kinda way).

He should get together with that jolly guy from a while back who ended every single line of his ad with "lol." They could start their own ad agency.

Hope he posts another ad to let us know how that "Snap-On Tools" application is coming along.

brad cook

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Yes yes, i dont see anything wrong with this at all.. makes perfect sense to me. but then again, only a COMPLETE MORON would understand him.

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Another goodie on Bassgear.com right now is someone trying to sell their Peavey. It reads:

"Peavey Neck-Through Awesome Bass!!!

No kidding. This bass while have you as perplexed as it has me. It's a Peavey. But it's awesome!"

Now that's a sell. I'm sure Peavey's ego is just flying now.

4. HEY GUYS WHAS WRONG WITH THEM THEYRE ONLY TRYING TO SELL SUM STUFF. I QUESS YOU GUYS HAVE A PROBLEM WIHT BASSGEAR.COM DONT YOU. ...GOSH

YOU PEOPLE SHOULD JOIN A PROGRAM CALLED BASSGEAR.COM HATERS ANONYMOUS OR SOMETHING.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    :D

brad cook

6. OUP!

I WASABOUT TO ANSWER YOU WHEN I CLICKED ON QUOTE AND ALLUVASUDDEN YOUR POST HAD TURNED INTO A SMILIN FACE.

CHEEERS !

*bURP* :D

7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    This is priceless, he even said "QUESS" God, thats the first thing in a while tht made me laugh out loud on talk bass.

8. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    I don't think there was a whole lot of thinking involved in the process. Very few brain cells employed on this one.

9. LOL.. I'm glad I made you laugh.. but he said it first:
    Give the guy some credit.. ;)

10. reachjkh

reachjkh

Nov 21, 2002
    Lee's Summit, MO
    When you post in all caps... IT SEEMS LIKE YOUR YELLING AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS!

I'm not trying to be difficult here. It's just a little hard to read.

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    All in the spirit of parody, my non-difficult friend.

brad cook