Driving 4 Bass Amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JoeBottom, Jun 13, 2005.

1. JoeBottom

JoeBottom Guest

Hi everyone, I hope this is the right forum, I'm new here.

My current setup is - Bass to Boss GT-6B (stereo out) to two Ampeg SVT 2-PRO's with two 810 cabs. I want to add two more amp stacks (two stacks per stereo side) I just order two Radial Tonebone HotShot ABY passive switchers.

My idea is -
    Bass to Boss GT-6B (stereo out) to two Radial HotShot's to 4 Amps.

Do you have a better idea? How do you recommend driving 4 bass amps.

2. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Holy crap! Are you playing Wimbelton with no PA????
  3. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Seems like your idea would work.... but man..... The question is going to get asked a lot 'round here; Why on earth do you need such massive amplification?
  4. The SVT 2-PRO has a slave out. I think I'd use that.
  5. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    +1 on using the slave outs, that way you control multiple units with 1 preamp. Also, I have used the tuner outs of amplifiers to run into the input of other amplifiers as the tuner out tends to be unaffected, and if i want to use the preamp to "drive" the 2nd amp i run a line from the effects send of one amp to the effects return of the 2nd amp.

where the heck are you playing that you need that much amplification??????????????????????????
  6. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Two 810 stacks and you want to add more? Are you kidding?

Sorry to be judgemental but why would you need that much amplification? Unless you are a national act like Black Sabbath, Lamb of God, or some other hugely loud rock band it is just total overkill. You should already have way too much power as is.
  7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Beings that he signed up today and this is his first post...I'm willing to say "yes."
  8. Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Hey im gonna defend him, why wouldn't you want more. I understand moving them would be a problem, but hell I'd still want more no matter how much I had. I actually, the line would probably be drawn at like, 4 810's I think. If I was a pro I mean.
  9. JoeBottom

JoeBottom Guest

It's all about tone/sound and that is why I need to add the Marshall amps to my setup. I don't want to slave because I want more control. Any other suggestions? Thank you.
  10. What Marshall amps? Where did that come from? I'll tell you the way I do it just as soon as understand what you're talking about. ;)
  11. You know, the sad thing is that I'm NOT kidding. :cool:
  12. JoeBottom

JoeBottom Guest

It's all about the tone/sound not pwr, but it's nice too. I don't want to slave because I want more control. Have you ever used the "Radial Tonebone HotShot ABY passive switchers"?

Thank you for your time,
  13. JoeBottom

JoeBottom Guest

14. JoeBottom

JoeBottom Guest

15. Daytona955i

Feb 17, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Maybe it would help if we could see a picture of your current setup.

Actually, I'd just like to see it, it helps me feel better about my want for gear whoring.
  16. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

Assuming you aren't yankin' our chains...

I'm going to assume that you ARE some big-name act. My advice? Make your roadie do it. :bag:
  17. All that is a high quality, passive switch, like Morley A/B/Y on steriods. This is what you need.
  18. JoeBottom

JoeBottom Guest

Thank you. :cool: