1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Driving through northwest Texas

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by PWRL, Sep 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. PWRL

PWRL

Sep 15, 2006
    Yonder
    I realize that all the flooding is going on down in the southern part of the state, but I'll be driving through northwest Texas on Route 54 on Sunday. Does anybody know of any flood-related reason out there that I should not? Again, I realize it's a long way away from the actual flood, but I have seen a lot of traffic out there because of other floods, and I've heard varying reports of gas shortage.

Just hoping for a little information before I dive it. I'm pretty familiar with the route, but this situation is unique. Thanks for any information you can give me.

2. For road conditions, one normally contacts the dept of roads for the state of interest. Or see if they have a website like most states do that show road conditions.

Safe Travels.

3. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    DFW area is low on gas or completely out at numerous stations.

ShredderMaximus likes this.
  4. JohnMCA72

JohnMCA72

Feb 4, 2009
    That area is referred to as "The Panhandle". US 54 cuts diagonally NE/SW across the extreme NW tip, not on any major route that might be clogged with refugees/evacuees & you'll be about 4-500 miles from any flooding.

In that part of Texas, you may be hard-pressed to find any water at all! Definitely not flooded there.

5. I'm about an hour and a half north of Dallas and we're definitely feeling the gas shortage. Many of the stations that do have gas are putting limits on how much you can purchase also.

6. PWRL

PWRL

Sep 15, 2006
    Yonder
    Yeah, I've been through there, before. It's usually been as dry as a gravel parking lot in the past, but the last time I went through there (last year), there actually was a lot of flooding nearby. Mainly to the south, but it had closed off enough roads so that I had to go down a couple back streets in Dalhart just to get away from it all. I was pretty sure that there wouldn't be many traffic problems, but in a case like this, since there are so many TB users of all different walks of live, this has been a great place to inquire about various topics. One thing I love about it.

7. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Well technically most of the gas is now in rolling vehicles instead of in underground tanks due to a lot of panic buying.