Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Driving to Basspalace tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Funkster, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Hi all Driving down to the BassPalace with Zoomboy tomorrow from MA to pick up my Eden Cabs and a 68 Tele bass,
    Anybody need me to check out anything for them while I'm there??

2. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

Have a good trip... If your into sushi, theres a good place Bob can take you too or give you directions.. Steven..

3. PBFACTOR

PBFACTOR Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Boise, ID
    i emailed them about a "actual" price on the ibanez btb1005, no reply. i want it for a back up. tell them to email me back. drive safe. the penguins and flyers suck.

4. Check your e-mail.....

5. Funkster--take care of my babies! I loved those Edens for a long time but Aguilar lured me away with its superior articulation and bigger projection. They sound especially with Fender-style basses, so you should be happy.

6. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    You think you could check out those early G&L El Toros for me? My dad's got quite a collection going of early G&Ls, and one of these just may make a nice addition. Thanks!

7. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Hi all just got back from BassPalace! Left at 6am and got home at 6:15pm.
    I had a great time! I hung out all day with the Swami played about 50 basses a bunch of amps & cabs just plain had a good time!!
    I ended up coming home with the Peters Eden
    2 10T's, and a 77 Jazz bass.
    Peter they sound killer I just got done playin them with my WT400 and the new 77 Jazz :D:D
    I will take very good care of them.
    It was a cool roadtrip with a nice haul.
    SoCo! I played those two G&L's for a bit and they were nice, I like the sunburst one a little better, it was set up a little better, I didn't play them through a amp though, So many basses so little time!
    I really like the Asat with the aged parts! That one sounded awesome and played nice..
    Next time I head down ther I wouldn't mind hooking up with anybody in the area and making a day of it!
    Later:D

8. Orco87

Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Texas
    I wanna go to basspalace!!!!

Where is this lovely utopia located? :)

9. Scranton, PA. Don't think it's in your future, man. The Bass Place in Arizona is closer.

10. It was a great trip. I came very close to bringing home that CAR Lakland Skyline. I was VERY impressed with it. I really liked that Nat/Maple 2000 MIA Fender Jazz as well. The sleeper of the bunch is that red Peavey Axcellerator 5 string. Cheap bass but awesome tone and feel!

Despite whatever some 'dudes' out there have to say about the Swami I have always been treated as a valued customer. No BS just bass.

Can't wait to go again!

11. So did they mind you tryin out that many basses, and amps? It must be a great feeling gettin a new bass and amp huh? COngrats:)

12. Orco87

Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Texas
    Sounds like a reason for a future road trip plan
    heh heh :D

13. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass

LOL...rock on! I hear he just reduced that Blackbird by $300 yesterday! Snap it up!!

14. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    No comeback to that Zoomboy?? LOL..that's what I thought!

15. bassheavy

bassheavy banned

while i'm sure the "Swami" is a great guy when you are in his shop cash in hand, try buying a bass from him across the country and then trying to get an explanation of why it is entirely different from his description.

I have bought multiple basses from all the usual suspects, and my experience with Bass Palace is def. the worst.

I would say never again, but he does have some nice fenders from time to time. overpriced, but nice.

16. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Look guy's all I was doing was offering to check out some basses for people who can't get to his place!
    Sheeze!!!!
    I didn't know that this thread would push a few buttons!

I like the Swami and I like the Basspalace, He's alway's treated me with respect and I have got nothin but fair deals from him.
    To each there own!
    It's the closest place that deals with nothing but basses on the EasyCoast and it's a fun roadtrip!
    I never buy a bass that I can't see and inspect or play in person that just seems plain dumb anyway
    JMHO.
    As long as he stay's within 3 hours from where I live I will do business with him, Besides he became a pretty good friend,

BassPalace: Worth the trip!!!!!

17. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Yep, Funkster, you're right. This thread wasn't the proper place for all the rest of us to air our opinions about Bass Palace. I deleted my previous remarks.

18. No speedy comeback is really necessary Steve. I was merely refering to a quote I read elsewhere. I myself have had no problems with Bob and I'll probably do business with him again along with some other retailers who are closer to me geographically. It's nice to have places on the east coast to go to and play a bunch of basses or buy gear from. I don't live in California or have the opportunity to go to NAMM shows ya know! ;)

If I'm ever in the market for a brand new Lakland or any of the other lines you sell I would probably give you a call. You never know Dude.

19. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Fair enough zoomboy but if you're going to quote a portion of The Swami's slab about me then I'd say you should at least post it in it's entirety don't you think?

I don't like or trust this guy and I've had 2 bad transactions with him to date where the basses I received were grossly overrated. All I've done was tell people to use caution when dealing with him on my board.

20. Steve,

I understand the fact that you have had a couple sour deals with Bass Palace and so have a few others. Like I said, I haven't had a problem and I know alot of other people who have nothing but good things to say about Bob. Lucky for me, I've had the opportunity to play the stuff before I even considered making a purchase.

Maybe it was the wrong thing to type a reference to Bob's quote in my post and for that paux pas I will apologize. I was merely posting a rebuttal to all the posts that were less than positive about Bass Palace.

Regards,

Jeff