Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Drooling guitar players

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by TCollins, Sep 21, 2000.

1. TCollins

TCollins

Apr 4, 2000
    I've seen this happen to some guitar players hunched over their guitar crunching out their licks...especially at practice...a wet, long line of saliva. I laughed so hard I nearly fell over! have any of you ever witnessed this or have had it happen to you? I think it's most likely to happen when you're really getting into a great groove. :)

2. ashers27

ashers27

Aug 24, 2000
    my guitarist will play something. stop. and then say in an exasperated voice.

"whoooooaaaaaa!, thats good aint it, come on, i mean, oh!, thats ****in' awesome. I mean, just listen to it, i'm amazing! im so happy with that, oh!"

or words to that effect.

3. Just tie a towel around their neck, it should keep you from having to mop up the stage.

Rock on
    Eric

4. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    No less than the great Carlos Santana considers drooling to be the surest sign that the musician is AS DEEP AS HE CAN BE into the music. If you can be so involved in what you're doing that you lose track of where your saliva is, that's really cool in Carlos's book.

5. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I usually don't while i'm playing bass unless i get so into it i can't controll other things. During football the drool goes ZOOM!ZOOM! while we're hitting & running sprints. that's all

6. snatch

snatch

Sep 24, 2000
    i play football too, i hate sprints......i HATE them.....i never make them in time so i have to run extra, what position do u play? i play line, i have to make my gassers (200 yards, sideline to side line back and forth again) in 42 seconds.........oh well

7. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Snatch i'm an offensive & defensive tackle, we usually run about 12-20 50yard sprints. We've had to run what your talking about before but then the coaches figured out that if they just made us run more sprints instead we could run more since we'd get a break more often. thats all