Drooling Theroy

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bentem, May 9, 2003.

1. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    Here is a little observation i have made-

When i am playing, and really really concentrating on whatever it is that im playing, i do either of two things,

1. finish playing, look up, and my mouth is dry and sticky(mouth was closed while playing)

2. Playing is interuted by drool suddenly falling on my fretboard, my hand, etc(mouth open while playing)

This only happens when im really concentrating, usually not while jamming, or playing a gig or something. Does this happen to anyone else? i know its a stupid thread.
  2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    huh, did you play drums before picking up bass?
  3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
  4. i have made another observation, some people when they are really concentrated in their playing, they start to not breath. And when they're not breathing they start to lose strenght in their fingers...... and then, they wonder why that happens? (they just don't notice that they have stopped breathing....):rolleyes: :D
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    When I'm doing vocals, yes, I do drool. Not the usuall salivation done when maschocistically straining my chords, but like a torrent. In two songs worth of vocalizing (notice my reticence to use the word "singing"), I could probably fill a can of soda. If I do a full 45 minute set, I'd just as well need a bucket under my mic...
  6. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Be thankful you don't have to remind yourself to breathe.

That happened to a friend of mine. He'd be so involved in his playing, he'd forget to breathe and pretty soon, he'd pass out. It was pretty funny, until he fell against his cab and cut his head and broke the neck of his favorite guitar in the process.

EDIT: Oh yeah, it's theory.
  7. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

It is a well known fact that only people of idiot level or genius level IQ drool during periods of extreme mental concentration.

Time for another poll ...
  8. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I've found myself to drool every now and then. I can just imagine what i look like. Ha.
  9. CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    is it this?.....
  10. Mathias_TfG

Apr 28, 2002
    New York
    yeah, I drool sometimes, but I agree that its worse if I am singing.
  11. that's happened to me once. but it was a long time ago. freak.
  12. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    It just drips right down on to the fretboard.
  13. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I've got a drool story. I was on the train with a bunch of mates and the person sitting to our right had fallen asleep with his head falling forward.

He started to drool and we could all see it hanging there. We were obviously laughing amoungst ourselves. But the dann thing just kept stretching itself, getting longer and longer until it was almost touching his lap.

Seems one of us laughed a bit too loud and the poor guy woke up with such a startle, he flung his head towards the direction of the noise. The drool kinda wraped itself around his face and the side of his head. You shoulda seen his face when he realise what we'd been laughing at. He couldn't get off the train quick enough.
  14. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    HAHAAHAHA that is hillarious. I feel bad for him though.
  15. My friend enters a trance whenever he plays an instrument (He plays quite a few). He gets started with a usual grin then closes his eyes and enters his own little world. He plays incredibly, but he won't say anything, he can't hear you, and you can pluck his eyebrows without him noticing. If you turn his amp off he just keeps going until he finishes. Its kinda creepy...
  16. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Obligatory "How do you know the stage is leveled" Question
  17. Hategear gets my vote for best avatar.

OH BOY! :eek:

Mike :cool:
  18. tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I second. All in favor? :D
  19. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA