Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Buck Naked, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Buck Naked

Buck Naked

Jul 24, 2005
    Austin Texas
    Does anyone else drool when they play? I drool like a Trekkie over Leonard Nemoy. I guess I am just concentrating really hard.....with my mouth open. It is quite annoying.
  2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    So, what's a drummer doing at talkbass??

3. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Ah, No.:eyebrow:
  4. Buck Naked

Buck Naked

Jul 24, 2005
    Austin Texas
    Haha great job of making it obvious that I am the only loser that does this, Ax.
  5. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Hey, get ready for this! I only recently noticed that I've done exactly this... down the right-side of my mouth. Wassup with this??? I actually caught myself slobbering down the 'ol right side once again today during our usual Sunday afternoon practice session... :rollno: :rollno: :rollno:

...and nevermind about 'Ax'... seeing as how he's from north of the Red River, he's got too many other issues to deal with... :D
  6. move around a lot and get into the music: Yes
    Make dumb faces: yes
    stick my tounge out/bite my tounge when hitting a sick riff: yes
    drooling:no.......sh*t no man, i believe a guy'd get shot for something like that

:p just messin man, but no, i've never caught myself drooling
  7. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I make strange faces and ocassionally stick the tip of my tongue out at the side of my mouth when doing lines that require lots of concentration, but drooling hasn't happened to me... so far...
  8. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Only when I'm taking a nap on the couch, I'm afraid.
  9. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I do so when I sleep, when I play bass my mouth does all kinds of stuff I can't control, but I don't drool.
  10. Buck Naked

Buck Naked

Jul 24, 2005
    Austin Texas
    That was excellent.

I applaud you sir. I move around a lot too but I just close my eyes and saliva runs out of my mouth. I may be a good bassist, but no amount of talent can make up for drooling in a woman's eyes.:(
  11. StarMountainKid

Nov 6, 2005
    There's a joke, think I read it on TB: How do you know when the stage is level? The drummer is drooling out of both sides of his mouth.

I'd make myself stop now, lest you fall into bad company.
  12. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    If I'm really getting into something, I found myself drooling as well.

It's doesn't happen that often, but I take it as a sign that I'm really diggin the music that playing. Therefore drooling=good.
  13. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    When i play i bite my lips... i dont even know i am doing that unless someone points it out or when i am done playing and find out that my lips hurt and usually thats when i unbite my lips...

but if i didnt bite my mouth shut i think would drool because my mouth does get watery...
  14. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Alright... now I understand post #2... :hyper:

BTW... does anyone catch themselves not breathing while playing? Happens to me sometimes... :meh:
  15. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    i drool when i sleep too
  16. I don't drool, but I rock and sway like crazy, face contorted, daring someone to make fun of me.
  17. Do you have a photo? That would probably win "Best Bass Face".

What I'm wondering is, what do you say if you put your bass up for sale on Ebay? "Bass is in great shape except for a couple of drool marks on the pick guard..."

18. actually yes.......i get into it and then im like 'wait, somethings wrong here...what am i not doing? im playing, check, right notes check, Oh breathing.....thats it'
  19. +1. No Pic, No Spit.