Drop C with Eden WT-800 w/ two 210T cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hoel, Jun 14, 2004.

1. hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway

I have a problem. I play a tune with the E string tuned down to C, and my cabs (eden 210T) struggles to deliver the sound when I play loud. The last time I did it, one of the channels on the amp turned dead, but when I turned it on a few days later, everything worked just perfectly.

Will it help if I add a Harke 1x15" cab with the two Eden's? Should I be scared for the amp breaking down again?

I guess the elements on the cabs has a bigger problem delivering a low C on an E-string than a low C on a B-string on a 5-stringer, 'cause the string swings more.. ?

Please help me out on this

2. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    I play in Dropped C (detuned E string and also on a B string tuned up 1/2 step) and if you're cranking that amp through 2x10's you're not gonna get the low end you might be looking for. I run several different rigs and the smallest has a 6x10 cab and a 2x15 cab, each pushing around 500 watts. Getting a 15 to go with your 2x10's should correct a few of the problems you're having because then you'll have a lot more headroom and shouldn't have to crank your amp so high. Just watch your impedence level on the speakers.