1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Drop C with Eden WT-800 w/ two 210T cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hoel, Jun 14, 2004.

1. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    Hi.

I have a problem. I play a tune with the E string tuned down to C, and my cabs (eden 210T) struggles to deliver the sound when I play loud. The last time I did it, one of the channels on the amp turned dead, but when I turned it on a few days later, everything worked just perfectly.

Will it help if I add a Harke 1x15" cab with the two Eden's? Should I be scared for the amp breaking down again?

I guess the elements on the cabs has a bigger problem delivering a low C on an E-string than a low C on a B-string on a 5-stringer, 'cause the string swings more.. ?

Please help me out on this

Thanks!

-Hoel

2. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I play in Dropped C (detuned E string and also on a B string tuned up 1/2 step) and if you're cranking that amp through 2x10's you're not gonna get the low end you might be looking for. I run several different rigs and the smallest has a 6x10 cab and a 2x15 cab, each pushing around 500 watts. Getting a 15 to go with your 2x10's should correct a few of the problems you're having because then you'll have a lot more headroom and shouldn't have to crank your amp so high. Just watch your impedence level on the speakers.