1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Drop C

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Kidney of Death, Mar 5, 2003.

1. My Fellow Americans... Canadians, Slovakians, whatever floats your boat

A song im tryng to learn is in drop C tuning, and i have no idea how to get there. being poor and without a job, cannot afford one of those fancy tuner-things! Is there someone who can tell me how to get in this tuning?

2. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    use a 5 string set, and use the lowest string, and tune it:
    C F Bb Eb
    or
    C E A D
    or
    C A D G

ton's of possiblities, but I would suggest you for get about the drop tuning and just use the C on the A string.

Mark

3. beermonkey

beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
  4. BigTopBruno

BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Drop C is C,A,D,G.

Turn your e-string down until it is in tune with the C octave (3rd fret on A string).

Learn "No One Knows" and "Whatever".

have fun.

peace.

5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Word. they are cheap. and as far as that drop C. i used to be in a band that played in it, and a 50 gauge should do fine, but I have never tried what TuBass has said, might be a good idea to do that. But when I droped my E to a C and tuned my bass down, it was a little more floppy, but duh, your in drop C. just try all the ideas out. And get a tuner, i mean please, they are cheap, just get one. and if you can't, save up till you can.

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Oh, I thought me ment tuning the whole bass down a step and droping it to "C" like one does drop D.
    In which case I would say you can play the same song in drop D, and it would be fine, just a step higher.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Your name is fantastic