Drop C

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Kidney of Death, Mar 5, 2003.

1. My Fellow Americans... Canadians, Slovakians, whatever floats your boat

A song im tryng to learn is in drop C tuning, and i have no idea how to get there. being poor and without a job, cannot afford one of those fancy tuner-things! Is there someone who can tell me how to get in this tuning?
  2. tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    use a 5 string set, and use the lowest string, and tune it:
    C F Bb Eb
    C E A D
    C A D G

ton's of possiblities, but I would suggest you for get about the drop tuning and just use the C on the A string.

3. beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
  4. BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Drop C is C,A,D,G.

Turn your e-string down until it is in tune with the C octave (3rd fret on A string).

Learn "No One Knows" and "Whatever".

have fun.

5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Word. they are cheap. and as far as that drop C. i used to be in a band that played in it, and a 50 gauge should do fine, but I have never tried what TuBass has said, might be a good idea to do that. But when I droped my E to a C and tuned my bass down, it was a little more floppy, but duh, your in drop C. just try all the ideas out. And get a tuner, i mean please, they are cheap, just get one. and if you can't, save up till you can.
  6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Oh, I thought me ment tuning the whole bass down a step and droping it to "C" like one does drop D.
    In which case I would say you can play the same song in drop D, and it would be fine, just a step higher.
  7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Your name is fantastic