Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Drop in Replacement bridge for the Fender Sting

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Sep 3, 2004.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Does anyone know which bridges are simply drop in replacements for the bridge on the Fender Sting bass?

2. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Banned

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
    I have the sting, and tried to replace with a badass 2....weareas it sounded great, the action was about a centimeter too high, so it needed a shim under the neck plate..I opted to keep the same bridge, and just spend the money on the Basslines replacement PUP.

3. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Fender deluxe bridge is a drop in replacement. This bridge allows you string thru body or string thru bridge option. The Sting bass is a string thru body bass, thus the standard Fender brigde is no good for you.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

This would be better suited for Setup, so I am moving it there.

5. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Would this drop in the Fender '53 reissue Sting bass?

6. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    it would get buried and unanswered

QUOTE=embellisher]This would be better suited for Setup, so I am moving it there.[/QUOTE]

7. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    i knew it

8. So you wanted a bunch of people who play Warwicks or Ibanez' to answer your question or people who enjoy exchanging hardware and tinkering with settings to improve their own equipment?
    You got a pretty good answer with no comment back in this:
    What you might wish to do is do a bit of measuring (string spacing, screw holes {with the bridge on and off}, string height- etc), go to your nearest friendly store and see if they'll let you do some measuring on the "Fender deluxe bridge" not the "standard Fender bridge." Make sure it's capable of stringing through the body.

Now for the real questions...

How do you feel about the cuts that were made this week? I'm really glad to see Couch gone, and that other "OHMYGODTHERE'SGUYSCHASINGMEIHAVETORUN" Quarterback guy. Seriously, did that guy even attempt to stay in the pocket once?
    I was surprised by Chukie Nwokorie getting released as well.

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

We have different forums for a reason. Like The Golden Boy said, it may take a little longer to get an answer in Setup, but you will get the right answer.

We don't just post our questions in Basses or Off Topic because those Forums have more activity.

10. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I decided for now to give the 2 saddle bridge a try. But most people seem to think an upgrade bridge would improve tone.

Now, as to the Packers. Glad to see Couch go, but surprised they kept 2 punters. No other surprises. They are saying they are better today for the guys they signed yesterday after those dudes cleared waivers.