1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available *DROP* One-of-a-kind Orange AD200 Hand Wired

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by IngloriousOz, Apr 13, 2018.

1. IngloriousOz

IngloriousOz Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2006
    SLC, Utah
    Price:
    This incredible one of a kind Orange AD200 that was personally hand-wired by Tim Schroeder in this piece for Premier Guitar magazine. I contacted Tim before I owned this and he quoted me around $3,000 - $3,500 in parts and labor to recreate this amp - IF I sent him a stock AD200.

I hunted this amp down over several months before finally finding it and convincing the owner who got it from Tim to sell it to me. I've had a Thunderverb 200, 2 Electric Amp units (Master Volume 180, Power Unit 180), 3 other AD200's, and was actually the original owner of the other Hand-wired AD200 that was put together by EA-USA and this particular amp blows all of them away in terms of output volume, tone, quality of wiring and construction, components, reliability and handling of dirt pedals. I've been lucky enough to play one of the original AD200 MK1's which were also hand wired and it sounded great but had ZERO headroom - literally and figuratively.

The amp is in excellent condition and has been babied the entire time I've had it (a couple years now) I have only used this setup for live shows and a couple recording sessions. I've used my Thunderverb and Terror bass 1000 with other cabs for all rehearsals. Tubes have less than 40 hours of use on them and were re-biased about 2 months ago. Comes with Orange branded slip cover.

Selling because I just picked up a Verellen Meatsmoke stack (and all 3 guitar players in my 2 bands have Orange rigs - looks kinda silly!) and need to get this rig out of my small apartment.

Asking $1750 shipped in the lower 48. Trade interests: 4 string basses and pedals.

Happy to take more photos or provide more info, just PM me!

4Z3Mood.jpg

EDIT: Here are a couple pictures from the build articles showing the clean wiring and upgraded tube sockets (No PCB's yay!) and Mercury Magnetics transformers.

b40OUGO.jpg

u0Eg7gU.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  2. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly

Sep 3, 2013
    Indiana
    Oh man! You're plagued with sweet gear. You didn't mention any of this when you were looking at my Lakland DJ4.. i could have easily been persuaded. ;)

IngloriousOz likes this.
  3. PWV

PWV Gold Supporting Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Tacoma
    Great seller bump - Oz is a straight-up-upstanding dude, buy with confidence!

byoung93888 and IngloriousOz like this.
  4. IngloriousOz

Jun 1, 2006
    SLC, Utah
    Thanks brother!

PWV likes this.
  5. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Icantbelieveyouresellingthisyoucrazya$$sobsupercoolbumpdudebro!!!!!

#godhelpyou ;)

arbitrary and IngloriousOz like this.
  6. IngloriousOz

Jun 1, 2006
    SLC, Utah
    Thank you Greg! Hahaha

gregmon79 likes this.
  7. kozyko

kozyko Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Can't believe you're selling this rig but you it would be irresponsible to have two celestial beings in the same dwelling space at the same time.

gregmon79 and IngloriousOz like this.
  8. arbitrary

arbitrary

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Having owned a couple ad200s now, I'm super curious how this sounds compared to the current production models. I do love me some ad200s.

byoung93888 and IngloriousOz like this.
  9. IngloriousOz

Jun 1, 2006
    SLC, Utah
    This sounds like an exaggerated AD200 - same idea but stronger in the lows and mids with a lot more headroom to work with.

gregmon79 and arbitrary like this.
  10. arbitrary

arbitrary

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Sounds very similar to my matamp then which makes complete sense.

IngloriousOz likes this.
  11. Happy Face

Happy Face Supporting Member

May 3, 2007
    Portland, Maine
    Speaking as te former owner, I felt it was cleaner than a stock AD200. But still warm and gooey. Really a great amp and a one-of-a-kind.

12. IngloriousOz

Jun 1, 2006
    SLC, Utah
    Sold on ebay, buyer changed their mind - this is back up with a price drop, still into trades!

13. arbitrary

arbitrary

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Someone buy this so I don't have to look at it

Bruiser Stone and IngloriousOz like this.
  14. IngloriousOz

Jun 1, 2006
    SLC, Utah
    Drop to $1750 shipped

15. arbitrary

arbitrary

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Stop doing that Dammit!

IngloriousOz likes this.
  16. Happy Face

May 3, 2007
    Portland, Maine
    OK at $1750 shipped. Just to close this thread.

Milo's and IngloriousOz like this.
  17. Happy Face

May 3, 2007
    Portland, Maine
    Please email me since the messaging doesn't seem to work, once again.

Mark it as sold.

IngloriousOz likes this.
  18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021