1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Drop Tuning ROTOSOUNDS?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by EAME, Nov 6, 2013.

1. EAME

EAME

Feb 21, 2012
    hello TB'ers
    Has anyone tried
    Rotosound RS66LH Drop Zone Stainless Steel Roundwound's
    iv never tried 'drop tuning' strings,but i always seem to tune down standards,so maybe i should buy a set that is actually made specifically for it....do they do a comfortable job at this guage?

KiGQJDg.

2. Hamlet7768

Hamlet7768 Here to chew gum and rock. Still have gum.

Jun 5, 2011
    These aren't for drop tuning like you might think, you should know. Going by those numbers, those are actually meant to be tuned BEAD.

That said, they should work in BEAD.

3. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    That set is for bead tuning.

Rotosound makes singles readily available for custom tunings

4. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I have a question about those drop tuned bass strings like the rotosound drop zone bass strings and the dr drop down tuning strings. are they essentially the same thing as heavy gauge strings or are more or less a modified version of heavy gauge strings?

5. knuckle_head

knuckle_head Commercial User

Jul 30, 2002
    Seattle
    Owner; Knuckle Guitar Works & Circle K Strings
    Most of these sorts of sets are meant for standard intervals (4ths) with a lower root or base note. Yes, they are essentially heavy gauge strings, not meant for drop tunings where the lowest string is off a 5th as opposed to a 4th.

Gvernon likes this.
  6. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Okay...thanks for the info.

Gvernon likes this.