Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dropkick Murphys anyone?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cafepurgatory, Jul 22, 2001.

1. I saw Dropkick Murphys last night at World Cafe and it was a blast! These guys are by no means the most musical bunch I've ever heard, but they put on a good show. They came out strong, got the energy level up immediately, and maintained it throughout the entire set. Hell, the even got my shy, sit in a corner with my drink a$$ up on stage moshing (never done that before).

Only bad thing I have to say about the show is that stage diving (another thing I'd never even dreamed of doing before last night) really sucks when nobody in the audience bothers to catch you and you plant your drunken self face first on the floor. :D

Anyone else ever check these guys out?

2. BigJH

BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    HAHA you went face first.....lol. Sorry had to do that. No I wish that I could check them out. But I have no cash. I'm broke but I would love to check out some new groups. Anyway, glad to hear you had a good time. Still can't get over the face first thing though...very funny :D

3. I thought so. :D

4. I've heard a few DH songs, and I must say I like them. I need to check out some cds though...

5. never been to a show, but they're a great band. very fist-pumping stuff.

6. i saw them on Conan o' Brien that was kinda cool
    kinda...............
    but yeah they are an awesome band

7. BigJH

BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    See cafe it is bad form to stagedive face first. Here is the proper technique.

1.) Jump backwards like the Ripley dive in Aliens3.
    and

b.) Try to make your way to the area with the most people. This is important so you don't fall on your head or face.

But you did it the hard way ;) That's ok you now know the proper technique. Pratice as much as possible at shows. Next week kiddies, The Proper Moshing Technique. Have fun until then and don't do anything too stupid :)

8. Irish punk is always good. Never had a chance to see them, someday though.

BTW, Im more of a mosher then a stage diver, at 6'4 and 195, its just not fair for the people who are to catch me.

9. I saw them at the Palladium in Worcester last year. They played for a loooooooooooooong time. It was great. It was my frist time moshing. I got a shoe (thankfully not a Doc Martin) in the head and some angry skinhead who was slamdancing elbowed me in the chest. And a drummer I know was stagediving and the crowd threw him into the front of the stage. He broke or bruised a rib. All in all, a good show. :)

10. BigJH

BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Me too. I would take out the front row if I decided to stage dive. I would crush many people. But I am the guy that catches the people stade diving, I have seen it done correctly many times. I have also seen it done incorrectly also. Those are the guys that you see being dragged away by some of their buddies or whoever feels sorry for them.

11. I wonder just how much I looked like the ond hayseed in Son in Law...;)

12. Never heard them.. but a friend of mine (and lead singer of my band) got a tatoo from the guy that does all of their tatoos. I think the guy has done tatoos for members of Slayer also. It's pretty funny considering that the tatoo was made from my friend's drawing of a stuffed animal chicken.

A scan of the drawing is attached.

13. jrich

jrich

Jul 10, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I've seen em in chicago twice, once with Anti-Flag. Great live band. I'll agree they aren't the most musical, but their songs are catchy as hell. Good band. I'm glad you had a good time.

josh